New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirlo was unfairly treated at Juventus...they were on the right track with him.

McKennie was carrying the midfield all season...a player who doesnt have the stamina to last a full game but did put the effort in after arriving not in the best physical shape.

Arthur had several injuries

Bentacur is wildly inconsistent

Ramsey has performed in flashes

Bernardeschi isnt good enough

Dybala has been mostly injured

Chiellini is past it and injured

Bonucci is past it

Morata hit form then got injured

Cuadrado was good then got covid

Rabiot began inconsistently

De Ligt had a shoulder injury

Seems like a lot of excuses to me and interesting that the players in bold were all available for Juventus's loss against Porto in the Champions League, which is what got him the sack. A squad that cost less than the third of Juventus. Juventus you know, being the most expensively assembled squad in Serie A, and nearly twice as much as Milan and Atalanta, Two clubs that finished above.

Inexperience, not getting the best out of his players, and constantly being criticized for a lazy team falls on the manager. Not the players.

Why

He asked what Pirlo had done.
I mean yeah but then you compared the stats to our managers who have had teams absolutely nowhere near as good as the one Pirlo had.

The facts are that he inherited a team that had won 9 league titles on the bounce and got knocked out of the Champions League by a Portuguese side and only just scrambled to qualify for said competition this year.

In the long run Pirlo could be great but atm he's an Italian version of Lampard.

Not meaning to be a penis.

But educate yourself about him, I've been doing it for the last hour.

He plays possession based high tempo passing attacking football.

There's a lot to like.
I agree. People turn their nose up because his name isn't Gallardo Pottertino, and honestly I've done the same in the past with British managers, but out of all the 'up and coming' crop he plays the most exciting football. I've said for a while I think he'd be great as a national team manager because when I look at Brighton I think they'd fly up the league with better players.

What you basing that on?

Have you never read or watched interviews of the guy? He's on the level of Ibrahimovic but without the humour.

The best one is saying that Alex Ferguson blemished his record by putting Ji Sung Park on him in the Champions League. When in reality he was just in Parks back pocket the whole game.

And also remind them that City have to win the league another four times just to be level with us.
Part of our problem is that we're constantly looking backwards rather than forwards. As a fan base we're always talking about how we're a big club that deserve to be at the top table. We're not. It's been a long time since we deserved to dine with the big boys and the sooner we realize that and start planning how to get to the top the better off we'll be.

Young, will want a project himself so hopefully won’t be running off in 12 months, filthy football, good underlying stats

It’s still a risk don’t get wrong, but a worthwhile one due to the above

Not meaning to be a penis.

But educate yourself about him, I've been doing it for the last hour.

He plays possession based high tempo passing attacking football.

There's a lot to like.

I actually heard of Potter when he was at Osterlunds...read a bit about him and then didnt pay attention when he went to Swansea.

Always thought it would be great for him to do well for himself having gone to Sweden and worked his way up.

Very similar to Roy Hodgson going to Hamstads.

From what i know, he favours a 343 or 3412 if were being precise which then goes to a 325 as he overloads around the box with the wing backs throwing crosses in.

Beyond that, he favours a high press and athletic centre midfielders.

For us, I guess it would look like this

Pickford
Godfrey ??? ???
??? Doucoure ??? Digne
James DCL Richarlison

The Brighton team press really high...defenders around the half way line then rushing back to make 541 setup. Ours dont have the pace for this bar Godfrey.

On the right we of course need a right back/wing back.

Centre mid only Doucoure has the athleticism to compare with the Brighton style.

So something like that i guess...we would need a lot of changes...something im massively in favour of.

Id take Potter if he came in and recycled alot of players to play this style.

I agree. People turn their nose up because his name isn't Gallardo Pottertino, and honestly I've done the same in the past with British managers, but out of all the 'up and coming' crop he plays the most exciting football. I've said for a while I think he'd be great as a national team manager because when I look at Brighton I think they'd fly up the league with better players.
He wouldnt be my choice, but thats just a silly statement, cos hand on heart I dont have a choice.

From what ive read he would try and play nice football, whether that relates to winning football time will tell.

We need a young fresh hungry manager, who plays football the right way, for that reason I wouldnt be as againt his appointment as I would other names, like Nuno, Moyes, Pirlo for example.

I actually heard of Potter when he was at Osterlunds...read a bit about him and then didnt pay attention when he went to Swansea.

Always thought it would be great for him to do well for himself having gone to Sweden and worked his way up.

Very similar to Roy Hodgson going to Hamstads.

From what i know, he favours a 343 or 3412 if were being precise which then goes to a 325 as he overloads around the box with the wing backs throwing crosses in.

Beyond that, he favours a high press and athletic centre midfielders.

For us, I guess it would look like this

Pickford
Godfrey ??? ???
??? Doucoure ??? Digne
James DCL Richarlison

The Brighton team press really high...defenders around the half way line then rushing back to make 541 setup. Ours dont have the pace for this bar Godfrey.

On the right we of course need a right back/wing back.

Centre mid only Doucoure has the athleticism to compare with the Brighton style.

So something like that i guess...we would need a lot of changes...something im massively in favour of.

Id take Potter if he came in and recycled alot of players to play this style.
Could be misremembering but I feel like Holgate’s best games have been in a 3

Status
Not open for further replies.