New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont believe you watched them. Either that or you didnt understand what he was trying to achieve and how the older players (mostly) failed him...

FORWARDS

Pirlo wants to press teams high up the pitch and then drop back to defend.

He cant press high up the pitch because:

Ronaldo doesnt press + no point only Morata pressing up top.

Therefore he had to go immediately deep with a press which is 10th in the league statistically. Something that does not follow his tactical plans.

DEFENCE

Then you have Bonucci/Chiellini who arent good enough. If you watched 50% of the Juventus games then you can see that with your own eyes.

Chiellini is gifting goals away and Bonucci is done. The only thing they succeeded in doing was sitting very deep when they played and this also nullified Pirlos tactic of pushing forward -- with Danilo as a utility player coming in (hardly a top player) and Sandro playing about half a season.

De Ligt was injured and Demiral needs a player next to him who is a calming influence...the older players let him down there.

Cuadrado is the only player at the back who consistently played well...but only for half a season as a typical right back.

Again, if you watched 50% of the games you would know this.

So neither the defence or forwards were able to follow his plans

Kind of an obstacle dont you think?

MIDFIELD

Bernardeschi is rubbish.

Ramsey was freqently injured and showed high levels of ability occasionally

Rabiot grew into his role over the season.

Bentacur was basically Gomes in terms of consistency

McKennie arrived unfit and unconditioned and yet Pirlo managed to develop him as the legs in midfield even though he didnt last for full matches as he doesnt have the stamina to carry the midfield on his own.

Its quite funny you mention Arthur playing more for Juventus than Barca...if you watched both teams...you would see that they started him about the same amount of times.

Kulusevski and Chiesa were two shining lights of the season. If you watched the matches you would often see the space that Pirlos tactics created for them out wide.

But yeah...you say you watched the games but cant actually explain why Pirlo's tactics werent good.

"He lost games" isnt a critique of a managers tactics....

He won 2 trophies and got them champions league with a squad decimated by injury and suffering from age and a lack of quality in depth.

What are your thoughts on Pirlo?
Maybe he was simply the wrong choice of manager but his tactics clearly didn't suit the players.
Ronaldo will always play when fit so any manager who isn't going to build the team around him will fail.
Admittedly I'm delighted because I despise Juve.
Until Chiellini and Ronaldo are gone I can't see them winning the scudetto again.

Quite honestly, I don't know. I like the sound of Gallardo from what I've heard/read, so someone along those lines perhaps? Just be nice to establish a clear recruitment plan and way of playing. What about you?
I’d like a Conte or a zidane or that type failing that same as you Gallardo or a Ralf Rag or Poch, someone who doesn’t have a ceiling

I’ve realised it seems pointless getting an A-list manager in IF there will not be the transfer kitty to throw at it. We know these types want immediate success, and are less likely be open to blooding the youngsters. As much as I supported Carlo I’ve decided we need a young, up and coming Manager with desire to buy into the clubs strategy. - on reflection I think what Carlo wanted to do and how he was going to go about it was in contrast to the board and subsequently we lost our way.

I’d like a Conte or a zidane or that type failing that same as you Gallardo or a Ralf Rag or Poch, someone who doesn’t have a ceiling
Zidane and Conte are very different though.
Zidane has only ever coached the most successful team in the world.
I think we'd be as likely to be fighting relegation as fighting
for the top 4 with Zizou.

Evertonians are contradictory creatures. We demand our motto is lived up to, yet we think David Moyes is a viable candidate for our newly-vacant managerial position.

The idea that some unheralded young go-getter will come in, transform us, AND display irrational loyalty to us is fanciful in the extreme. EVERYBODY is passing through - in both football and in life. People talk about structure. The Director of Football - who is also passing through - gives us that, simply because he will pass through more slowly, on average, than our managers.

We have a billionaire (or two) funding the club right now. I would be amazed if they thought some promising mediocrity was the way to go now having lured Ancelotti to the club as the first genuine proof of our new status as an elite club in-waiting. People think we should go the Leicester route, as if Leicester were EVER our peers. Our peers have traditionally been Arsenal, Manchester United, and Liverpool. At other times, Aston Villa, Leeds United, and Chelsea were direct rivals. Leicester? Nope, sorry. Admirable club, but their ceiling is far lower than ours. If our aim is to rejoin the top table, we will need to be aiming a little higher than Leicester.

Therefore, our wealthy owner, if truly ambitious and willing to live up to the club motto, should be looking to employ the best manager in the world. Who is that? Some say Guardiola, some say Ancelotti, some say Klopp or Simeone. We have, obviously, lost Carlo. We now, surely, will aim to replace a man of his vaunted achievement with somebody of a similar level of excellence and achievement. I'd expect feelers to go out to Simeone. I'd also expect us to contact Conte and see if we can pay him the salary Spurs couldn't and provide him with a compelling case for building his own side within or without the existing FFP rules. If we are unwilling to break the rules, we need to get the very best manager we can who will operate within those.

It's a big world out there. There is no way in hell that David Moyes, Steven Gerrard, Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez, or Nuno Espirito Santo is the best manager in the world for Everton Football Club. No managerial appointment is guaranteed to work. Carlo's 18 months of stodgy stabilisation proves that. But if Everton want to project an image of themselves as a club with serious ambitions, wealth, and pulling power, then a manager befitting that exciting prospectus must be sourced. Failing that, let's get Moyes back from West Ham and accept our status as a less-dysfunctional Newcastle United.

Evertonians are contradictory creatures. We demand our motto is lived up to, yet we think David Moyes is a viable candidate for our newly-vacant managerial position.

The idea that some unheralded young go-getter will come in, transform us, AND display irrational loyalty to us is fanciful in the extreme. EVERYBODY is passing through - in both football and in life. People talk about structure. The Director of Football - who is also passing through - gives us that, simply because he will pass through more slowly, on average, than our managers.

We have a billionaire (or two) funding the club right now. I would be amazed if they thought some promising mediocrity was the way to go now having lured Ancelotti to the club as the first genuine proof of our new status as an elite club in-waiting. People think we should go the Leicester route, as if Leicester were EVER our peers. Our peers have traditionally been Arsenal, Manchester United, and Liverpool. At other times, Aston Villa, Leeds United, and Chelsea were direct rivals. Leicester? Nope, sorry. Admirable club, but their ceiling is far lower than ours. If our aim is to rejoin the top table, we will need to be aiming a little higher than Leicester.

Therefore, our wealthy owner, if truly ambitious and willing to live up to the club motto, should be looking to employ the best manager in the world. Who is that? Some say Guardiola, some say Ancelotti, some say Klopp or Simeone. We have, obviously, lost Carlo. We now, surely, will aim to replace a man of his vaunted achievement with somebody of a similar level of excellence and achievement. I'd expect feelers to go out to Simeone. I'd also expect us to contact Conte and see if we can pay him the salary Spurs couldn't and provide him with a compelling case for building his own side within or without the existing FFP rules. If we are unwilling to break the rules, we need to get the very best manager we can who will operate within those.

It's a big world out there. There is no way in hell that David Moyes, Steven Gerrard, Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez, or Nuno Espirito Santo is the best manager in the world for Everton Football Club. No managerial appointment is guaranteed to work. Carlo's 18 months of stodgy stabilisation proves that. But if Everton want to project an image of themselves as a club with serious ambitions, wealth, and pulling power, then a manager befitting that exciting prospectus must be sourced. Failing that, let's get Moyes back from West Ham and accept our status as a less-dysfunctional Newcastle United.
Great post mate, spot on

Why wouldn’t you? Cos Carlo left

you know why your saying that?
Everton managers don’t get poached they get sacked, we are not use to it, yet 90% of clubs face it every season.
We could get almost any manager in the league except 3/4

Carlo didnt get poached he ran. Probably rang Perez and begged.

And yes. Conte sees us exactly the same light as carlo, like hes doing us a favour getting paid £15 mil a season yo be here. And hd run aswell after 12 months of iwobi etc

Regardless, hes not coming here anyway.

the problem is some of our board are fine with being loveable losers. years without success has made the new generation fine with 7th and 8th instead of competing for titles like we used to.

It's a big world out there. There is no way in hell that David Moyes, Steven Gerrard, Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez, or Nuno Espirito Santo is the best manager in the world for Everton Football Club. No managerial appointment is guaranteed to work. Carlo's 18 months of stodgy stabilisation proves that. But if Everton want to project an image of themselves as a club with serious ambitions, wealth, and pulling power, then a manager befitting that exciting prospectus must be sourced. Failing that, let's get Moyes back from West Ham and accept our status as a less-dysfunctional Newcastle
Leicester are in a way better place than us at the moment. They have a rich owner, a very good manager, a great squad, and they are winning things. Now whether you want to
Admit it or not, they are another club we have to try and take over and we’re not even close.

Carlo didnt get poached he ran. Probably rang Perez and begged.

And yes. Conte sees us exactly the same light as carlo, like hes doing us a favour getting paid £15 mil a season yo be here. And hd run aswell after 12 months of iwobi etc

Regardless, hes not coming here anyway.
In Carlo defence would you wanna stay after what happened at his home

Spot on mate

Status
Not open for further replies.