New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. IMO it's nigh on impossible to bring an elite manager, used to only maximising the talent of a top quality squad of players, to take you from point D to A. It's far more possible to bring in a manager adept at squeezing every last drop out of average players to go from D to B and THEN strengthen with a top level manager.

If there’s a candidate good enough for that way then fine. But if the Brighton manager or a fella who got sacked by Wolves are top of our list then in 18 months we’ll be having the same conversation.

The wasters in our team don’t care. They’ll just do what they did under Silva and Ancelotti, not try until he’s forced to leave or given the bullet.

Conte will be another rinse and repeat. Every club he’s been at he’s spent a considerable about of money. He spent £350m at Chelsea and has spent over £200m at Inter.

We couldn’t even give Ancelotti money in his first transfer window and then gave him sofa change for the summer window.

It wouldn’t work. Would be another rinse repeat of Ancelotti in 18 months when a massive club comes in for him because he’s fed up.
Exactly no matter who we get in we still have the bottlers and cash leeches hiding behind the next manger.

I would like to see Brands move them on before we have a new manager in to stop this" let's give then another chance"

Get these wasters on the pitch out of the club.

Antonio Conte would be a great appointment, unfortunately it won't happen.
Yes, he might not stay longer than two seasons, but in that time he would further raise the standard at our club.
He would be a demanding manager but surely that is a good thing.
The project of raising the club profile was started with Ancelotti.
The season finished very poorly but it should be remembered we were in the hunt for top four possibly up to the last three or four games from the end... we really were not that far away and if we could have won a couple of wasy games at home we could easily have done it.
BTW, Carlo must take substantial blame for the home performances.

Duncan has done his interviews over the last three or four years with his performance at the club and is a contender or not.
My feeling is that if he is a contender it will be with an older mentor, a Fergusson/Ranieri combination for a two or three year apprenticeship with Duncan as head coach.

I have only heard of Potter mentioned here and I don't think he is considered at all, no more than Dyche or Howe.

Moyes, I didn't like how he behaved after he left but I do think he could do a good job here again. However he will not leave West Ham and if things did not go well here fans would turn against him very quickly because nobody really wants him back

Nuno must be a strong contender but is someone I don't have any strong feelings for or against.
If we do appoint someone outside of the Premiership then I think the role of Duncan will be vital as he already has the knowledge of the players.

Sari is another high profile name but from his previous time in England where he didn't settle then it is highly unlikely he will try again, if offered the opportunity.

I feel that Rangnick may have moved on from club management.

Conceaio and Fonseca may also be considered and both certainly would have a lot of merit .

The result is that we really do not have a clue what is happening .
Switched off VS Palace
Spurs got gifted 2 goals
Should of beaten Villa and SU

Everyone needs to stop sniffing glue and just forget about Conte, its not going to happen. He is high maintenance and we’re not going to give yet another new coach an open chequebook to buy whoever he pleases.

Would be fun to Iwobi telling Conte he sees himself playing as an attacking midfielder though

Everyone needs to stop sniffing glue and just forget about Conte, its not going to happen. He is high maintenance and we’re not going to give yet another new coach an open chequebook to buy whoever he pleases.

Would be fun to Iwobi telling Conte he sees himself playing as an attacking midfielder though
Who your pick?

Who on your list of managers?
Conte and Pochettino at the top of my list right now. It is all about this club turning a corner and becoming that BIG club that everyone always claims we are. I am not convinced that the new stadium will happen, as it stand currently. If we get a world class manager AGAIN and then pair that manager with a world class ground; I think we set the groundwork for the next 20-25 years. I agree with the folks that a top drawer manager won't stick around if the biggest clubs come calling. City is one of those "biggest" clubs now. And City became that in about 10 years. And our journey to that elite company would not be as long as City's was. I honestly think that with the right manager plus the new world class facility; Everton can be one of those elite clubs for the next 15-20 plus years. Then we don't have to keep belaboring how dire the past 25 have been.

I believe we are one of the greatest clubs in the world. I just don't think we have been acting like it.

We have money, we just freed up a load of wages, we got sellable assets in Rich/James/Kean
Rich my favourite Everton player but we could find a replacement im sure

I just don’t see us going down that route. I don’t see Conte wanting to come here unless he’s guaranteed a lot of money to play around with. I didn’t see it under Carlo so I doubt we’d see it under someone like Conte.

It’s true this summer we’ll have a bit of leeway because wages have been freed up and we do have a few sellable assets but again it’s going to take time for us to weed out the duds and build a team capable of being up and around the top 6 consistently.

Conte is another manager who generally brings success in a short amount of time similarly to Carlo by spending heavily. I just think if after 18 months he’s still getting by on buttons and getting nowhere he’ll just pull another Carlo.

I'm not convinced Conte is good fit for us now, At first I was on board but that was the shock of carlos leaving.
Which is why the board can’t rush into this. For me, if it’s someone ‘out of touch’ with the PL, I worry that they won’t realise just had poor our squad is. Any UK based manager should know this and can factor in whether he thinks he can deal with it.

Told you already. His tactics got them 4th. A team that won 9 years in a row he got them to come 4th. Injuries, you mentioned Arthur, who had played more last season than he did for Barcelona the year before, cuadrado that had his second highest number of appearances for 7 years. Old players being crap, same ones that won the league season before.

sugar coat it whatever way you want, you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. The guy has one year experience of which he completely failed hence him being sacked.

I really dont believe you watched them. Either that or you didnt understand what he was trying to achieve and how the older players (mostly) failed him...

FORWARDS

Pirlo wants to press teams high up the pitch and then drop back to defend.

He cant press high up the pitch because:

Ronaldo doesnt press + no point only Morata pressing up top.

Therefore he had to go immediately deep with a press which is 10th in the league statistically. Something that does not follow his tactical plans.

DEFENCE

Then you have Bonucci/Chiellini who arent good enough. If you watched 50% of the Juventus games then you can see that with your own eyes.

Chiellini is gifting goals away and Bonucci is done. The only thing they succeeded in doing was sitting very deep when they played and this also nullified Pirlos tactic of pushing forward -- with Danilo as a utility player coming in (hardly a top player) and Sandro playing about half a season.

De Ligt was injured and Demiral needs a player next to him who is a calming influence...the older players let him down there.

Cuadrado is the only player at the back who consistently played well...but only for half a season as a typical right back.

Again, if you watched 50% of the games you would know this.

So neither the defence or forwards were able to follow his plans

Kind of an obstacle dont you think?

MIDFIELD

Bernardeschi is rubbish.

Ramsey was freqently injured and showed high levels of ability occasionally

Rabiot grew into his role over the season.

Bentacur was basically Gomes in terms of consistency

McKennie arrived unfit and unconditioned and yet Pirlo managed to develop him as the legs in midfield even though he didnt last for full matches as he doesnt have the stamina to carry the midfield on his own.

Its quite funny you mention Arthur playing more for Juventus than Barca...if you watched both teams...you would see that they started him about the same amount of times.

Kulusevski and Chiesa were two shining lights of the season. If you watched the matches you would often see the space that Pirlos tactics created for them out wide.

But yeah...you say you watched the games but cant actually explain why Pirlo's tactics werent good.

"He lost games" isnt a critique of a managers tactics....

He won 2 trophies and got them champions league with a squad decimated by injury and suffering from age and a lack of quality in depth.

What are your thoughts on Pirlo?

Status
Not open for further replies.