New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like a learned fellow, so I assume you know that correlation doesn’t imply causation.

We didn’t win BECAUSE they were ex-players, nor have our periods without success been solely down to having non-associated players in charge.

Phil Neville has his coaching badges and more experience. Shall we get him in? Test the waters with Arsenal for Arteta? Jagielka just retired and he scored a worldy against Liverpool so surely he’d have the title wrapped up after 8 games?!? If any or all of those sound like silly suggestions - Consider how the Dunc shout sounds to anyone with a shred of objectivity.
Fans-Bill I think it’s time we sacked Duncan, he can do no more
Bill- No we are keeping him he get it right
Fans- But Bill we are bottom of league 2

Pirlo was unfairly treated at Juventus...they were on the right track with him.

McKennie was carrying the midfield all season...a player who doesnt have the stamina to last a full game but did put the effort in after arriving not in the best physical shape.

Arthur had several injuries

Bentacur is wildly inconsistent

Ramsey has performed in flashes

Bernardeschi isnt good enough

Dybala has been mostly injured

Chiellini is past it and injured

Bonucci is past it

Morata hit form then got injured

Cuadrado was good then got covid

Rabiot began inconsistently

De Ligt had a shoulder injury

Over the season he has:

Got the best out of a last legs Ronaldo and Cuadrado

Improved Chiesa, Kulusevski, McKennie, Rabiot, De Ligt and brought Frambotta through from the youth.

Champions league and 2 trophies in his first season.

He would need Brands to bring in young players for him to teach and would have to move on a lot of the squad.

A very inspired appointment if true.
Makes more sense Pirlo over Conte if Brands is your thing. Managed Ronaldo as well as difficult as it gets also gain respect with young ones.

....I honestly don’t think Moshiri has a clue about Football. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t heard of Ancelotti before he joined.

He’ll sit on his yacht waiting for the people around him to nominate their candidates. He’ll have been impressed by Ancelotti’s CV. He’ll want stability whilst he’s developing the stadium, he won’t want high risk.

Thats my take.
Everton are like his girlfriend who he just gives a shed loads of money to but doesn’t care what she does and she just messes him about

Fabrizio Romano has apparently said that it will be 2-3 days before we appoint a new manager.

If true then i guess it will be Nuno
They spoke to Nuno 2 days ago, surely they would have appointed him by now?

I know Fab gets a lot right, but I will be surprised if it’s done so soon. Is Brands going to basically dismiss the other 40 applicants

Pirlo was unfairly treated at Juventus...they were on the right track with him.

McKennie was carrying the midfield all season...a player who doesnt have the stamina to last a full game but did put the effort in after arriving not in the best physical shape.

Arthur had several injuries

Bentacur is wildly inconsistent

Ramsey has performed in flashes

Bernardeschi isnt good enough

Dybala has been mostly injured

Chiellini is past it and injured

Bonucci is past it

Morata hit form then got injured

Cuadrado was good then got covid

Rabiot began inconsistently

De Ligt had a shoulder injury

Over the season he has:

Got the best out of a last legs Ronaldo and Cuadrado

Improved Chiesa, Kulusevski, McKennie, Rabiot, De Ligt and brought Frambotta through from the youth.

Champions league and 2 trophies in his first season.

He would need Brands to bring in young players for him to teach and would have to move on a lot of the squad.

A very inspired appointment if true.
Yeah, yeah that may be true but you didn't mention the hair.
Lions mane.
Giving Perlo the job would be a massive gamble, can he speak English even ?
I would prefer him to Howe though.. That's for sure.

Makes more sense Pirlo over Conte if Brands is your thing. Managed Ronaldo as well as difficult as it gets also gain respect with young ones.
Ok say we did appointment pirlo and hits the ground running does a decent job and then after a year an elite club comes calling he's off just like Carlo then we're back to square 1 surely we need someone to come in settle the club down for 3 seasons

I think Pirlo is a really good move.

If he tells Brands what type of players he wants and Brands goes and gets young guys who can follow the managers instructions then i think we could really build something.

Conte is top class...but for the short term. Hes the guy you hire when youre sitting in 6th and want to get into top 4...or in top 4 and want to push for trophies.

We need someone to bring in a new style and ethos to the club and mould us into a top 6 then top 4 side.

I know Fab gets a lot right, but I will be surprised if it’s done so soon. Is Brands going to basically dismiss the other 40 applicants

I cant see it being Nuno.

There seems to be no reason to appoint him unless we want to stagnate in 7th-10th.

He brings nothing to the table for Moshiri or the fans.

No idea whose decision it would be to hire him but i cant see it being Brands choice to go for him.

Ok say we did appointment pirlo and hits the ground running does a decent job and then after a year an elite club comes calling he's off just like Carlo then we're back to square 1 surely we need someone to come in settle the club down for 3 seasons
They won't get three years to settle the club its Europe qualification or cup finals if not, they are sacked.

I agree what i meant was if he is right (he's not wrong very often) then id guess its Nuno and the small details of the contract are to be finalized.
I bet 30 of the 40 applicants get slung in the bin without consideration. Probably managers like Wilder and other crabs have applied who they wouldn't even consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.