New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea on your age mate, but every time we played certain players they always scored against us as well.
Les Ferdinand. Ian Wright. Shearer. Chris Armstrong.
Not even going down the RS route.
39 mate, so those names defo send a shiver down my spine.

For some reason it’s the Norwich ones that kill me the most - van Wolfswinkel’s one and done, and the Efan Ekoku masterclass.

No point talking about Conte/Porch, not happening. My top 2.

Play it safe - Nuno, knows the league, develops players and probably less chance of things spiralling out of control, which could happen.

Take a risk - Galtier, stays with clubs (5 year ave) won a title, will get a grip of youth system and develop young players - Celik Pepe, Gabriel.

Agreed - it is a very small sample size. Only three ex-players have won trophies with Everton.
Mathematically that's infinitely more than the zero trophies won by outsiders, including a number of managers with "international" experience.
You sound like a learned fellow, so I assume you know that correlation doesn’t imply causation.

We didn’t win BECAUSE they were ex-players, nor have our periods without success been solely down to having non-associated players in charge.

Phil Neville has his coaching badges and more experience. Shall we get him in? Test the waters with Arsenal for Arteta? Jagielka just retired and he scored a worldy against Liverpool so surely he’d have the title wrapped up after 8 games?!? If any or all of those sound like silly suggestions - Consider how the Dunc shout sounds to anyone with a shred of objectivity.

You sound like a learned fellow, so I assume you know that correlation doesn’t imply causation.

We didn’t win BECAUSE they were ex-players, nor have our periods without success been solely down to having non-associated players in charge.

Phil Neville has his coaching badges and more experience. Shall we get him in? Test the waters with Arsenal for Arteta? Jagielka just retired and he scored a worldy against Liverpool so surely he’d have the title wrapped up after 8 games?!? If any or all of those sound like silly suggestions - Consider how the Dunc shout sounds to anyone with a shred of objectivity.
Can you edit Phil Neville out of this post sharpish please mate, before anyone at the club or a journo reads it and thinks it’s a good idea ?

We had it wrapped up after 5 this year, even released a top of the charts single.

I've watched two documentarys in recent days, one on Brian Clough and the other new one on Alex Ferguson.... I just want something like that, young hungry arrogant and they totally transformed Derby,Notts Forest, Aberdeen and Man UTD.

Not asking for much

Play it safe - Nuno, knows the league, develops players and probably less chance of things spiralling out of control, which could happen.

Took Valencia to Champions League (season before they finished 8th), finished 2nd with Porto (season before they finished 3rd), did a great job with Wolves as we know.

I think a lot of Evertonians are underestimating him.

The early front runners rarely get appointed anywhere.

They could appoint Nuno today and have things sorted early.

They haven't done that and are biding their time for someone better, in their view.

No, they are waiting to see if Conte will go to Spurs, if not, they will take NES and then we have to go to plan B, Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.