New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The early front runners rarely get appointed anywhere.

They could appoint Nuno today and have things sorted early.

They haven't done that and are biding their time for someone better, in their view.

I think he might still be appointed but its ot a certainty.

I suspect they will look to pencil him in but Moshiri will try for a bigger name and Brands will try for his some of his candidates.

Nuno attained consecutive top 7 Premier League finishes with Wolves on a relatively small budget. He also had an almost 50% win percentage at Wolves, despite managing them in the Prem for 3 of the 4 seasons. Yes Wolves were mediocre last season but they were plagued by injuries.

You sound like a learned fellow, so I assume you know that correlation doesn’t imply causation.

We didn’t win BECAUSE they were ex-players, nor have our periods without success been solely down to having non-associated players in charge.

Phil Neville has his coaching badges and more experience. Shall we get him in? Test the waters with Arsenal for Arteta? Jagielka just retired and he scored a worldy against Liverpool so surely he’d have the title wrapped up after 8 games?!? If any or all of those sound like silly suggestions - Consider how the Dunc shout sounds to anyone with a shred of objectivity.
As a learned fellow, I also understand that converses have to be considered. In other words, the number of managers who have failed, as well as those that have succeeded, to win a trophy. On this count, there is a long list of failed managers who didn't play for Everton - Lee, Walker, Smith, Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti but only two - Bingham and Harvey - failed managers who did play for Everton.
By the way, I'm not totally convinced that Duncan is the best man for the job. It's just that I don't get the logic of this particular argument about ex-players when the stats are not there to support it.

Nuno attained consecutive top 7 Premier League finishes with Wolves on a relatively small budget. He also had an almost 50% win percentage at Wolves, despite managing them in the Prem for 3 of the 4 seasons. Yes Wolves were mediocre last season but they were plagued by injuries.
I think people need to check some of the transfer fees Wolves have paid out since coming up

So Conte has major doubts about spurs eh, good hopefully its because Usmanov phoned him and said oy, get your ass over to Everton and we will pay you loadssss of money and all we ask in return is that you stay and win us an effing trophy ffs, our cabinet has been empty for almost 3 decades. ;)

I love farhad but please let Marcel choose

....I honestly don’t think Moshiri has a clue about Football. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t heard of Ancelotti before he joined.

He’ll sit on his yacht waiting for the people around him to nominate their candidates. He’ll have been impressed by Ancelotti’s CV. He’ll want stability whilst he’s developing the stadium, he won’t want high risk.

Thats my take.

I've watched two documentarys in recent days, one on Brian Clough and the other new one on Alex Ferguson.... I just want something like that, young hungry arrogant and they totally transformed Derby,Notts Forest, Aberdeen and Man UTD.

Not asking for much
Need to watch Liverpool Narcos ecstasy episode when Purple Aki smoothies gets seen then mate..

Quote from Sky News
"But after considering the role for several days, Conte remains unconvinced Spurs are a team ready to win trophies immediately."

Well, he sure isn't considering us then.

his not what you call long term is he.....he normally has it on his toes after a season or two

Reactions: Vax

Status
Not open for further replies.