2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember how toothless and predictable we looked without him? (I know, I know, we look like that at full strength!!!!) Maybe we would do better with an out-and-out supply line to DCL. But I wouldn't be too quick to wish Richi gone.
...never warmed to Baldy. I would get Danny Ings in...I rate him

Reckon Digne is raging at him, hence he’s the only one who’s defo unfollowed him.

As much as he clearly loves it here, there’s a good chance he signed the new contract on the premise Carlo would be here and we’d be strongly pushing for top 4

I'm glad it was quick. Drawing it out would have been making a big mess bigger.

I liked him, in the sense he seemed decent and commanded respect but I never bought into it in the way some did.

I never once got the impression from him that he had a real appetite to succeed here. He said the right things but his personal style wasn't right for us. I just didn't see the energy.

PSG won't let him leave to go to Spurs, it's why Levy is wooing Conte now.

Contract is air tight, 2 seasons left and PSG have an option to extend for another season.

Leonardo has said earlier this week that he's the manager next season.
Hahahahahaha ignored all that yesterday and casually posting in the Carlo thread like nothing happened.

The story I've heard was the club were already getting cold feet about ancelotti after this season. Sheffield was a massive nail in the coffin for him and then he didn't meet his objective of getting europe but with the real madrid interest bubbling away they decided to wait to make a decision.

Thats why there was no fight back from the board over him to stay and he was gone within hours of real making a official approach to the club.

Whether thats true or not who knows but the way Ancelotti is reacting tells me something is off about the whole thing.
I doubt the board were happy to see him go, but I’d imagine they wanted more of an immediate return for the money they were paying him.

Reckon Digne is raging at him, hence he’s the only one who’s defo unfollowed him.

As much as he clearly loves it here, there’s a good chance he signed the new contract on the premise Carlo would be here and we’d be strongly pushing for top 4

For me, he is the more likely to leave, James aside.

Jeez, just watched his first presser, hes already acting like RM legend, "I love Hazard and Bale, they will be crucial for me, can't talk about C7 yet etc"

bet he was planning this snidey move for a while

enjoy your sack in 18 months

He couldn’t even motivate a team to beat already relegated Sheffield United at home. He mugged us all off and is living off his former glories now.
Gone to a club who he only recently criticised for the ESL and has appeared to be a proper snake with all of his snidely comments.
Yes of course he has more chance of winning silverware with his new club because it’s Real Madrid, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he doesn’t last more than 12 months.
Honestly don’t know why everybody is so upset.
This thread should be locked and banished to World football now.
Very easy to get over him, he never took us forward much at all, good win percentage but the PL was completely nuts last season without fans in the grounds.

It’s nobody’s aim; but it became one when he was hired

So one short spell of about 2 months when we hired fat Sam, means our aim in general has been to stay in the league? We haven't even been close to being relegated since the early Moyes days.

Carlo has had a nightmare and trying to justify the fact he couldn't be bothered to do the job he said he would ( don't particularly blame him for going Madrid btw ) but just could have handled the whole thing better and with a bit more class.

Status
Not open for further replies.