2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti big name manager or not? He’s in the same bracket as (Roberto Martinez,Ronald Koeman,Marco Silva,Big Sam long time back, Mike Walker) all failed managers here, only one that did the job he was meant to do was Big Sam and that was done with terrible football. So conclusion is Mr Carlos Ancelotti your not really that good.

Think we need to step back and accept what they say if they keep saying it.

From someone on Toffeweb with an inside source:

Ok, here's what I've been told. Make of it what you will...
Once Ancelotti got wind of the Real Madrid vacancy, he set his heart on a return to them. He had also become very disillusioned with what was happening at Everton. He had basically "as good as given up on the job" It all came to the boil following the man city game, when he just walked straight out of the Etihad, not going back to Liverpool on the team bus. From that day onwards he had not been seen or heard from, by anyone within the club. Ancelotti had his agent make contact with Real Madrid last week, and it was as good as sorted then. It was only announced on Tuesday, 1st June, when most contracts start / begin. So I assume by that, that was when Zidane's contract ended.

During the few days following the man city game, Brands, who apparently did not get on at all with Ancelotti, called a team meeting with the first team and U23's. He absolutely tore into them, slamming the players for their lack of effort and their attitude throughout the season, and they should all be thoroughly ashamed to wear the blue shirt of Everton. In particular, Iwobi, who Brands called "A total waste of [Poor language removed] space" and Bernard, who will "never play for the club again" according to Brands. He also slammed Richarlison, Mina and Holgate for their attitude in games, and apparently there have been at least on three occasions when Richarlison and Holgate have had to be separated after clashing after a game.

As I said, Brands and Ancelotti did not appear to get along at all. As we all know, Brands wants to sign younger players, Ancelotti older more experienced players. Josh king was definitely a Brands signing, who Ancelotti didn't want, hence the reason why he hardly got a look in.

So it seems a total clear out is required. Brands needs to, and MUST, be the only person involved in appointing a new manager.

Never read Everton fan fiction before, quality read

Ancelotti big name manager or not? He’s in the same bracket as (Roberto Martinez,Ronald Koeman,Marco Silva,Big Sam long time back, Mike Walker) all failed managers here, only one that did the job he was meant to do was Big Sam and that was done with terrible football. So conclusion is Mr Carlos Ancelotti your not really that good.

Just a few months ago you called him the best manager in the world.

I watched Sam in an interview very recently and he echoed the same sentiments about our playing squad and fans expectations as Ancelotti. We don't have an incredible team, we are unable to play high pace attacking play without leaving huge gaps everywhere.
We are not a skillful side and we don't seem to have a fighting spirit that lasts more than a few games a season.
I think we have a serviceable squad when everyone's fit but have a real mental fragility running through it too.
I think at the moment we need to really see what a multitude of managers have now seen in our dressing room, a bunch of players who wouldn't say boo to a goose. The next manager we get has to be of the Moyes, Fergusson mould rather than the Conte, Ancelotti ones.
Concentrate on shape, discipline and attitude first and foremost.... Well unless we're going to have a fire sale and rebuild, which is probably the better option in truth.
Sam is right, love him or hate him he knows his football. We need a manager who can work with our current squad, and build on it, Nuno or potter are probably about right

IMG-20210604-WA0002.jpg

From someone on Toffeweb with an inside source:

Ok, here's what I've been told. Make of it what you will...
Once Ancelotti got wind of the Real Madrid vacancy, he set his heart on a return to them. He had also become very disillusioned with what was happening at Everton. He had basically "as good as given up on the job" It all came to the boil following the man city game, when he just walked straight out of the Etihad, not going back to Liverpool on the team bus. From that day onwards he had not been seen or heard from, by anyone within the club. Ancelotti had his agent make contact with Real Madrid last week, and it was as good as sorted then. It was only announced on Tuesday, 1st June, when most contracts start / begin. So I assume by that, that was when Zidane's contract ended.

During the few days following the man city game, Brands, who apparently did not get on at all with Ancelotti, called a team meeting with the first team and U23's. He absolutely tore into them, slamming the players for their lack of effort and their attitude throughout the season, and they should all be thoroughly ashamed to wear the blue shirt of Everton. In particular, Iwobi, who Brands called "A total waste of [Poor language removed] space" and Bernard, who will "never play for the club again" according to Brands. He also slammed Richarlison, Mina and Holgate for their attitude in games, and apparently there have been at least on three occasions when Richarlison and Holgate have had to be separated after clashing after a game.

As I said, Brands and Ancelotti did not appear to get along at all. As we all know, Brands wants to sign younger players, Ancelotti older more experienced players. Josh king was definitely a Brands signing, who Ancelotti didn't want, hence the reason why he hardly got a look in.

So it seems a total clear out is required. Brands needs to, and MUST, be the only person involved in appointing a new manager.
If this is actually at least partially true, it could be explained away by the fact that Ancelotti knew about his ex-wife's condition during the City game and it was reported that he immediately headed to the airport afterwards to fly to Italy to be with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.