2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck to him.

It's a great opportunity for him and I don't need to know his life situation to know, for an outsider, it's probably an improvement on managing Everton and living in Merseyside.

I think he could have done great things here with time, but it wasn't to be. It's an extra shame as he seems to be a decent fella and I like him, but that's football (business).

Give yourself a shake mate if you're basing it on that. The squad is crap. I'm actually dreading the next manager purely on the crap he has to work with. They'll probably have him sacked by Xmas

But can we just not say the players have contributed to this?

We can't call these players crap, then say that he's got the job at Madrid because of these players, lol.

He's got the Madrid job because he's jumped ship at the first opportunity he got. That's on him.

The players we have aren't good enough. Arguably though they were good enough not to finish 10th this season just gone. But yes, I worry for the next appointment.

Something has happened very swiftly for CA to go from wanting unhappy players out (was that the presser before the Wolves game - so only 14 days ago!) to him now leaving, ey.

Something happened in the last week, I'd say, internally at Everton. My honest assessment, but obviously reading between the lines, is that for whatever reason, he wouldn't get what he wanted this summer. I believe that's due to a lack of funding due to the pretty dire financial situation, but could be that Brands said no to signing more older players (I doubt it though).

Madrid came calling again and he decided to bolt.

It's bloody crap.

Who knows mate. I hope it’s not something Everton have done. It seems unlikely though that Moshiri/Brands has had Ancelotti on all season then pulled the rug from under him.

6 years!! 6 F.....g years!! I’ve had a season ticket for 47 years, try that for finance and emotions, 6 years! You can’t comprehend us mate and most of us don’t have second teams either, and for the record I’m angry and pissed off too
Steady mate, you're time served, but this lad feels the pain too. Well, half of him does. The Real half is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.