2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that defeats the purpose of Brands, no? He's meant to be the one constant for a sport that has a lot of managerial changes. He SHOULD know most need to go, no?
Hiring Carlo and letting him get James and Allan defeated the purpose of Brands. Or honestly if Brands wanted to do those things there never was any point.

Of course I'm not suggesting that. If the players had shown some bottle and I dont know, actually done the jobs they are paid significant sums of money to do, maybe we would have qualified for Europe. Maybe they could have demonstrated progress in the overall project. They didnt tho..they let him down just like they have done countless other managers. The only difference here is he hasn't stayed to the point of them truly chucking him under the bus and him losing his job as a result.

It should be suprising to nobody that a world class manager has been approached by a world class club. If Everton were better positioned in this "project" it becomes a lot easier to keep CA engaged. The players have made it easy for him to walk out the door, it's not a difficult choice is it? Despite the issues RM have, the one thing that cannot be argued is they have a culture of winning, as does CA. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise and we are never going to rectify this problem if we keep taking the easy answer and pointing at the manager.
Well I mean CA was paid £10m a year by us mate and got us 12th and 10th. He made mistakes too - including playing players who have been proven not to perform for us and in some cases (definitely not all) there were alternatives.

This doesn't look good on anyone at Everton but it doesn't reflect well on Carlo either.

Status
Not open for further replies.