2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Real Madrid come calling mate what can you do?

I would hope Carlo has a bit of loyalty towards us as we took him in when he was at a low ebb but it's the modern game you can't believe anyone anymore.
I know mate just our luck though isnt it even he realises he can't make us compete what does it say about this club?

I think this is sensible way of looking at it. I'm not as critical as Ancelotti as you and think he did a good job, but we are going t have a massive compo fee to put towards a new manager and upwards of £10m a season. We are also not mid season in relegation trouble, and have finished with nearly double the points of the relegation zone. We are in a much stronger position than before. If Ancelotti were to go, I'd be thankful for that.

Bielsa would probably have the wriggle room to have time to implement his ideas now. We can lose a few points short term and be fine. Conte (or even Benitez) would be a continuation. All 3 would probably be very interested in the £10m+ per season we could pay.

Maybe even Ten Haag or Galtier could be options too.

But honestly, if Conte comes in and Ancelotti goes out and we are 10m+ richer for the pay out fee for Ancelotti, it's not a downgrade. I'm not jumping for joy either, but it's not a disaster at all.
Conte is exactly what the club needs, but I doubt he would come.

The most worrying part about this is what we're left to surmise about the running of the club. If he had backing in the transfer window the summer, I don't think he'd think twice about turning them down.
Moshiri is mad, totally mad, thankfully he is rich though so it's all good

Depends on the terms of his contract. In most fixed term contracts in sport there is a compensation clause which is often the amount of the remaining salary. If the rumours are correct that's £33 million .

Often these things are negotiatable, but you might be looking at around 50% of that number as a starting point, Big money, but not prohibitively so.

They appointed Carlo Ancelotti. What's your point?

I don't find it remotely 'exciting' in that the summer we need to build on the core of what we have, that we're going to be scrambling around for a manager, during a summer with a big international tournament, who'll then have to come in, reassess the squad, see what they want to do etc etc.

I wanted a bit more from CA but stressed loads I thought he was the right man to take us forward.

I'm fed up of the chopping and changing, and hoped to see how CA's Everton would play out.

Conte? Haha.
Knowing Brands he's probably been talking to this fella for the past hour

file_181643_1_Conteh_John_200.jpg

I don't find it remotely 'exciting' in that the summer we need to build on the core of what we have, that we're going to be scrambling around for a manager, during a summer with a big international tournament, who'll then have to come in, reassess the squad, see what they want to do etc etc.

I wanted a bit more from CA but stressed loads I thought he was the right man to take us forward.

I'm fed up of the chopping and changing, and hoped to see how CA's Everton would play out.

Just because people don't want it to happen doesn't mean there isn't an air of excitement with new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.