Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game will eat itself if these wages aren't brought under control. Nobody deserves too earn those ridiculous amounts of money, plus sponsorships on top and bonuses. It is disgraceful. I hope they are reigned in soon.

As much as the ESL was a shambles its because of these wages that it was even thought of. The answer should be to cap the wages not to try more and more ways of sustaining them.

just look at Real Madrid in massive debt yet have just bought a young player Alaba (spelling ?) for 5 year contract for £14m on £204k a week. The same club that seems ago tried to destroy football through their own greed. Liverpool just paid £37m for a young centre half, apparently they weren't making g enough money either. How can FFP be fair when clubs are in massive debt, crying poverty are allowed to do that ? Sickening love some of these big clubs to go under.

In any case 9m is a drop in the ocean when you have 100m+/year in Telly deals, grateful shared to the rest of the league by the big six (which no one would like to admit).
I will.

The big 6, generate the most interest in this league, without any doubt at all.

I would go as far as say Liverpool and United are also streets ahead of the others as well, although City and Chelsea are catching them all the time.

I will.

The big 6, generate the most interest in this league, without any doubt at all.

I would go as far as say Liverpool and United are also streets ahead of the others as well, although City and Chelsea are catching them all the time.
City and Chelsea got their share of glory hunters, too. plus not-so-glory-hunters who were following them for twenty-odd years. Arsenal got history, and Spurs are chic with a handsome East Asian winger, a gnarly English forward and a Welsh Golfer, despite not really spending much money.

But the point stands. The premier league will not be the same without their telly money, but if telly money was not shared justly among all participating teams but like how Juve or Barca or Real got the lions share of money, the prem will also not be the same and would never attract so much attention as it is now.

just look at Real Madrid in massive debt yet have just bought a young player Alaba (spelling ?) for 5 year contract for £14m on £204k a week. The same club that seems ago tried to destroy football through their own greed. Liverpool just paid £37m for a young centre half, apparently they weren't making g enough money either. How can FFP be fair when clubs are in massive debt, crying poverty are allowed to do that ? Sickening love some of these big clubs to go under.

28 signed on a free.

No. Simply put you have to make plans without including him in there because he is not fit. Hoping him being fit is fine and dandy until you realize you now have a hole in CM because he invariably gets another injury. Same with James, plan on not having him and when he is ok to play then give it a go.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Wrong mate.

Do you know who deserves these type of wages? The players, you know why? Cos they create the massive revenues that their clubs enjoy.
They have a sporting skill and intelligence that is rare. It really is supply and demand. They are worth what people will pay for them.

It is also one of the most merit based professions. No ex Eaton idiots taking all the jobs. You have to be good enough or you are quickly found out.

Depends what formation he wants to play mate - if its 433 we need a Gana type to be the glue to hold it all together imo otherwise its the same issues we have had this season in either being too open and not having that defensive midfielder to plug the gaps or being too defensive and not being able to put enough pressure on the opposition.

In an ideal world we would sign a Gana and a Mount and drop Allan or Doucoure to the bench which would likely give us the best balance but realistically we'll be looking at 1 CM this summer you would imagine.
When you aren't banging on about Zaha and Ings, sometimes you talk sense. lol

Depends what formation he wants to play mate - if its 433 we need a Gana type to be the glue to hold it all together imo otherwise its the same issues we have had this season in either being too open and not having that defensive midfielder to plug the gaps or being too defensive and not being able to put enough pressure on the opposition.

In an ideal world we would sign a Gana and a Mount and drop Allan or Doucoure to the bench which would likely give us the best balance but realistically we'll be looking at 1 CM this summer you would imagine.
Gana isn’t really a sitting midfielder though,
IMO he’s very similar to Allan they both like to go after the the ball. I think ancelotti wants a holding midfielder who’s great in possession.

I think Allan is a better footballer than gana, but gana is quicker across the ground and at winning the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.