Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 25, on what planet is he finished at 25, until he says, I am retiring as my body can't take it anymore, he always has a chance. His injuries have been freak injuries, the lads been incredibly unlucky.

In terms of Premier League level I would say he's pretty much done.

Might still have a career in a less physically demanding leagues but think we'll be stuck with him until his contract expires like Bolasie.

Tearing a thigh muscle kicking a football

Rupturing an achilles playing fut tennis

Damaging knee ligament from a player landing on him

Cant see him coping with the physicality of the English league - imagine if Mings does a DCL on him or a Fernandinho chops him down bloke will be constantly injured.

Might still have a career in a less physically demanding leagues but think we'll be stuck with him until his contract expires like Bolasie.

How anyone can expect him to cope with the physicality of the English league when he's made of glass astounds me tbh imagine if Mings does a DCL on him or a Fernandinho chops hin down bloke will be constantly injured.
Mate you have no clue about his actual physical condition

So, if we could sell Davies for £15mil...

...and spend £20mil on a far superior younger player...

...you wouldnt do it?

Wow :eek:

If Davies is getting significant game time next season we’re not finishing much better than we did this season. That’s the reality some seem unwilling to accept. He’s not even ok as 4th or 5th choice because knowing Everton choices 1-4 will get injured at some point and then once again he’s on the pitch in a big game agaisnt opponents like Fernandes Pogba Kante Fabinho De Bruyne Gundogan etc. who absolutely run all over him like men v boys.

Keep Allan Docuoure and Gbamin (one more chance), sell Gomes Davies Siggurdson Besic Delph Bernard. Bring in another one or two young fast central midfielders. Maybe promote Onyango too. We can’t be having Gomes Davies and Siggurdson (and especially not a combination of them) getting game time if we want to move forward.

Cant see him coping with the physicality of the English league - imagine if Mings does a DCL on him or a Fernandinho chops hin down bloke will be constantly injured.
We shall see, let's hope he can as it will save us a bit of moolar.

Everton will have to pay at least £12.8million to sign Croatian forward Josip Brekalo from Wolfsburg in the summer, according to BILD.

The German newspaper reports Leeds, AC Milan, Fiorentina and Napoli are also interested in the 22-year-old, who scored seven goals and supplied four assists in 33 appearances across all competitions for Wolfsburg this season.
He’ll probably end up signing for Newcastle

Do you not think Gbamin deserves an opportunity to show he can be injury free? very harsh writing the lad off after his horrendous bad luck since joining.
No. Simply put you have to make plans without including him in there because he is not fit. Hoping him being fit is fine and dandy until you realize you now have a hole in CM because he invariably gets another injury. Same with James, plan on not having him and when he is ok to play then give it a go.

No. Simply put you have to make plans without including him in there because he is not fit. Hoping him being fit is fine and dandy until you realize you now have a hole in CM because he invariably gets another injury. Same with James, plan on not having him and when he is ok to play then give it a go.
I agree no point on not planning around him but if he comes good, we have an extra body.

One player I wouldn’t mind would be Torreira from Arsenal. I think he just needs consistent games. He’d probably be available at decent price as well.

I agree no point on not planning around him but if he comes good, we have an extra body.
I agree with you mate, to a point, but the issue comes down to the size of the squad we announce for the league. Do we take a chance on him taking a place if he still hasn’t recovered. Hopefully a moot point!

Oh yeah, absolutely. I said last summer after we got Doucoure, we genuinely needed another 2 because one injury or suspension meant we were right back with the worst midfield I've ever seen in my life from the year before.

Doucoure / Allan / Davies

Add a Gana/Ndidi/Bissouma type to those 3 and you have a decent few options in terms of the midfield particularly if you are switching back to a 433.

Its the likes of Slomes, Soggy, Delph and Gbamin that need to be culled - its like a graveyard for slow, injury prone weak midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.