Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the consensus on that Ryan Gauld fella? Scotsman made a career in Portugal, Benfica looking to sign him. Perhaps he could be the one to spell James? yes J-A-M-E-S, thank you @Toast

Yeah, I cant see many people agreeing with my stance.

But fans defo do not pay their wages.

Everton earn around 18m a season from gate receipts and another 3m from the kit deal, we defo do not pay the players wages.
I'm probably in the minority with you, but I agree 100%

The players generate the wealth in the game, they are entitled to whatever whack of it someone is willing to pay them.

Yes.

I think the players earn the club the massive revenues it creates.
The revenues "they" earn is less than the total expenditure of the club. I'm not an expert on capitalism but I'm pretty sure there is only one end if that model is maintained. Therefore, if the revenue they raise doesn't cover costs then they are overpaid.

Bernard on 120k makes me physically sick.

he’s done absolutely nothing. Not a thing.

terrible signing for a midget who’s not physically up to the task
He was signed on a free so would naturally command a higher wage. At the point of his signing he could easily cost north of 30m if he still had a contract with Shakhtar.

One also had to consider that we are almost paying double or even triple from what he earn at Ukraine for him to have a similar level of living. 120k/w is huge, but not unbelievably huge for a then 26-yo who clearly has the technical ability and pace to make that happen.

Yeah, I cant see many people agreeing with my stance.

But fans defo do not pay their wages.

Everton earn around 18m a season from gate receipts and another 3m from the kit deal, we defo do not pay the players wages.
Not local fans. But international fans of the bigger clubs. Its the state of the game, and is why the American-owned clubs are always plotting an exit strategy from the "leeching rest".

Status
Not open for further replies.