Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe that is the consensus position, yes.

I mean, I'd prefer a bit more so that we don't make quite such a shuddering, humiliating loss overall but life isn't all kittens and rainbows.
We’ve e got shuddering losses looming all over the park. Might as well embrace them

Look, I'm well aware of how it works. Liverpool clearly have the money to go and spend £36m on his release clause and that's fine.

I'd like to think that we also have the capability and finances to go out and pay someone's release clause (they all have them in Europe pretty much) and get a deal done swiftly. It'd be nice to see something like that happen because it's not very Everton.

What it seems - from what has been reported - is that our owner is actually scrabbling about trying to do a deal for a £100m cash injection. That's great, but surely we knew we were going to need that several months ago when any chance of the CL qualification vanished?

That's my concern. Because what happens if that doesn't come off, and we can't get that magic boost?
I would guess that if the story is true about Moshiri arranging extra finance then it would have been arranged long since.
Maybe, it is the story that is being revealed now.
I would guess the finance amounts required gave been known for some time.
Maybe as early as when CA agreed to join us.

I would guess that if the story is true about Moshiri arranging extra finance then it would have been arranged long since.
Maybe, it is the story that is being revealed now.
I would guess the finance amounts required gave been known for some time.
Maybe as early as when CA agreed to join us.

The people who reported it in the Athletic were very precise that it is currently being worked on.

I'm not saying we aren't trying to back CA. I'm saying, it seems once again that there is a lack of planning.

Until I see evidence to the contrary then I'll continue to think that.

Maybe that evidence will come next week when it turns out we've been working on a deal for a right-back for six months and have it all tied up.

Status
Not open for further replies.