Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We never see any evidence"

*gives evidence*
One exception in three years under Brands

I'd just like to think it'd be nice we could anticipate some early business.

Maybe we can and in 2 weeks' time it'll be different.

But we all know we'll be doing the mad scramble after the Euros.

Yet Carlo and Silva when asked about it have both said 'we sit down at the end of the season'.

I'm sure the process does start earlier than that, we just never see any evidence that it definitely does. The one exception to that, in fairness, is with Gabriel, and that deal was all but done until COVID happened.

It'd be nice to think we could have a signing in before the Euros starts, but we'll see.

This is a club that paid £28m for Iwobi.
Why would a club sell before The Euros? When if their player has a great Euros his price can triple?
Why would a player move before The Euros, when a good Euros could get you a move to a better club?
Why would our club pay the asking price of the selling club when if we wait a few weeks/months we can get the player nearer to OUR terms?

Its the same every summer, "get the players in early, but also make sure you dont overpay"

You cant have your cake and eat it.

I think we sometimes doesn’t have the money to buy players early. If there’s 60 mill in the pot and it’s a choice between having Allan and Docuoure on the first day of the window, or having Allan Docuoure Godfrey and James later in the window, we’re always going to go with the latter. It’s yet another advantage for the top clubs, they just don’t have the budget constraints so they pay the number that greases the wheels straight away.

Oh yeah I appreicate it bud. Like I said, reading it back, know my post seems like bed wetting. I expect we'll get signings in in good time, but I just think it'd be nice if we were, for once, ready to go when the need is so abundantly clear (right-back for example - we know what we need, it's not hard, and we've known for years).

Why would a club sell before The Euros? When if their player has a great Euros his price can triple?
Why would a player move before The Euros, when a good Euros could get you a move to a better club?
Why would our club pay the asking price of the selling club when if we wait a few weeks/months we can get the player nearer to OUR terms?

Its the same every summer, "get the players in early, but also make sure you dont overpay"

I'd rather overpay for someone good/young than another Sigurdsson like.

Think there can be a balance to be struck.

I didn't mean my post to be a head loss. Just would be nice to see some movement ahead of the Euros - I don't think our right-back search, for example, should be limited to players going to the Euros...

One exception in three years under Brands

I'd just like to think it'd be nice we could anticipate some early business.

Maybe we can and in 2 weeks' time it'll be different.

But we all know we'll be doing the mad scramble after the Euros.

If you truly believe we wait till the last game of the season before approaching agents/clubs then you are not a very good football journo.

I'd rather overpay for someone good/young than another Sigurdsson like.

Think there can be a balance to be struck.

I didn't mean my post to be a head loss. Just would be nice to see some movement ahead of the Euros - I don't think our right-back search, for example, should be limited to players going to the Euros...
I want all our signings done tomorrow and all our rubbish out the door today.

But sadly football clubs dont operate on our terms.

Its big, big business, it sadly doesnt move quickly.

Yet Carlo and Silva when asked about it have both said 'we sit down at the end of the season'.

I'm sure the process does start earlier than that, we just never see any evidence that it definitely does. The one exception to that, in fairness, is with Gabriel, and that deal was all but done until COVID happened.

It'd be nice to think we could have a signing in before the Euros starts, but we'll see.

This is a club that paid £28m for Iwobi.
I think the managers say that to stop journo's pressing them on transfers while the games are still going on. Its a useful tool for them to shut questions down in the pre match pressers.

If you truly believe we wait till the last game of the season before approaching agents/clubs then you are not a very good football journo.

I don't believe that.

I've gone off what Carlo and Silva have said before about sitting down in the final week of the season to go through what we need.

I hope they're lying and it was done months ago. Because a child could pick what we need.

I just think it'd be nice for us to show impetus in a clear area of need - like I said, didn't mean for my post to be a head loss, I'd just like to see some new form of Everton that isn't so reactive. It appears the financial agreement is still being looked at which, again, beggars belief because surely that could have been done earlier in the season, once we knew CL (and CL cash) was out of the equation. That doesn't mean rushing into a deal, I don't think the two can't be mutually exclusive.

I don't believe that.

I've gone off what Carlo and Silva have said before about sitting down in the final week of the season to go through what we need.

I hope they're lying and it was done months ago. Because a child could pick what we need.

I just think it'd be nice for us to show impetus in a clear area of need. That doesn't mean rushing into a deal, I don't think the two can't be mutually exclusive.

Well they don't make the signings, Brands does, and he's said previously they usually start around Feb time (or soon as Winter window shuts).

Well they don't make the signings, Brands does, and he's said previously they usually start around Feb time (or soon as Winter window shuts).

This is a defence of Brands here, some signings weren't him, and he's acted chiefly as a negotiator.

I hope that he's now got free reign to be in charge, if just for the Dof system to work as it should.

You’re acting like the reason for us scrambling around for signings the week before the season starts every single year isn’t because we’re completely incompetent.

I want all our signings done tomorrow and all our rubbish out the door today.

But sadly football clubs dont operate on our terms.

Its big, big business, it sadly doesnt move quickly.

Oh I appreciate all this.

Was more just a general point. We need to start acting differently across all areas of the club - from a footballing side. This is one of them. Doesn't have to mean overpaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.