2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sadly had to pass up my thread sponsorship due to cash flow issues, which means its available for you Dave.

And as if im going to spend the next 3 months in this thread!

LOL

I will wait till the window slams shut thanks.
I accept your surrender.

You dont have to be fast to knock the ball from one player to another. You just need to be good positionally and comfortable on the ball.

While we might play the ball at the back, we dont play out from the back. And a big part of that is we dont have anyone playing centrally who likes doing it.

We could do with playing Godfrey in his rightful position and also Nkounkou at the back more regularly.

Brands is the real story on our style, I know that. However, we cant hand a free pass to any manager that makes a lamentable statment along the lines that he has no professional footballers capable of playing from defence through to midfield. That's just taking the piss.

Lost me on that one Dave, I thought football style, tactics,. passing, scoring saving etc was down to the manager.

Lost me on that one Dave, I thought football style, tactics,. passing, scoring saving etc was down to the manager.
No. The DoF is responsible for hiring coaches to fit in with a 'house' style in order that we dont have constant upheaval in terms of player recruitment. That's the theory, at least.

No. The DoF is responsible for hiring coaches to fit in with a 'house' style in order that we dont have constant upheaval in terms of player recruitment. That's the theory, at least.

I am still lost Dave, I* always thought that what happened in a football match was down to the manager dictating how he wanted the team to play.

Not to worry Dave mught int ime get round to your way of think9ng how to run our club.

I am still lost Dave, I* always thought that what happened in a football match was down to the manager dictating how he wanted the team to play.

Not to worry Dave mught int ime get round to your way of think9ng how to run our club.
The DoF hires managers (not in Everton's case, obvioulsy, the back street driving owner does that in reality) that fit the club's desired way of playing.

Yeah I thought that was why everyone was so desperate for us to have one?

I've still yet to see any real evidence that we've benefited from the DoF model of course, but Barcelona had one when they won a bunch of trophies so I guess that means we have to have one too?

Yeah I thought that was why everyone was so desperate for us to have one?

I've still yet to see any real evidence that we've benefited from the DoF model of course, but Barcelona had one when they won a bunch of trophies so I guess that means we have to have one too?
No team in the last 15 years has won a trophy without a DoF.

I think having loads of money is more often the deciding factor instead of the DoF to be honest (There are exceptions of course)
Lille say Hiya.

FA Cup and League winners Leicester wave at you.

But Brands doesnt buy all the players here, he talks with the manager and they both agree on targets.

Its no different to Carlo picking his own targets really, just he doesnt have to deal with "stuff".

Lille say Hiya.

Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City also say hello

Again, there may be the odd exception, but ultimately I don't think the DoF model is something every club needs to adopt and I've little to no evidence that we've really benefited from it

It's the thing the hipsters like to big up because foreign sides in cool looking kits use it

Part of me thinks that in the next 10-15 years we may start seeing it die out, and I won't be sad to see it go

Lille say Hiya.

But Brands doesnt buy all the players here, he talks with the manager and they both agree on targets.

Its no different to Carlo picking his own targets really, just he doesnt have to deal with "stuff".
That's co-incidence, not causal.

Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City also say hello

Again, there may be the odd exception, but ultimately I don't think the DoF model is something every club needs to adopt and I've little to no evidence that we've really benefited from it

Part of me thinks that in the next 10-15 years we may start seeing it die out, and I won't be sad to see it go
Yeah, I can defo see clubs going back to the days of doing transfers in service stations.

The DoF model is going nowhere Mikey, most Managers love having somebody do the grunt work for them.

And its nothing to do with hipsters, its called modern football, its changed so much since the days of backroom deals, clubs employ staff for everything these days, due to the fact that football is a multi-billion industry.
That's co-incidence, not causal.
Great input as usual Dave.

Yeah, I can defo see clubs going back to the days of doing transfers in service stations.

The DoF model is going nowhere Mikey, most Managers love having somebody do the grunt work for them.

We'll see

If we get a new generation of managers who actually want to be managers and enough of them get successful that they can start calling the shots then we could see the DoF model get reduced in scope

We'll see

If we get a new generation of managers who actually want to be managers and enough of them get successful that they can start calling the shots then we could see the DoF model get reduced in scope
Please tell me 1 reason why any manager would want to deal with agents and not sit on a beach all summer and employ somebody else to work for them?

And its nothing to do with hipsters, its called modern football, its changed so much since the days of backroom deals, clubs employ staff for everything these days, due to the fact that football is a multi-billion industry.

I called Brands before it was fashionable. I'd say that was great input, tbf. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.