Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GrandOldTeam is there some kind of software patch that can automatically delete any post advocating the signing of Zaha?

I was on my tod in here in 2018 and 2019 saying swerve Zaha to all the football hipsters.

If our Director of Football wanted him in 2019 at £70m+, then there's no reason to doubt him wanting him in 2021 at £40m+

We went back in for Doucoure, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went back in for Zaha. He scored 11 league goals last season.

Actually wish we signed him back in 2019 now, it would have prevented the crisis of Iwobi.

And also our atrocious start to the previous season under Silva.

It's an incredibly misleading stat.
It also hardly matters. Each league season is different. Leicester won the title with 81 points one year someone finished 19 points behind City with the same number. Clubs stay up sometimes with 30 or so and go down with almost 40. The raw total isn't a key consideration. We were 10th. Last year we were 12th. You can call that an improvement but even last year under Carlo only we were 10th best in that stretch. We basically have stabilized from the Silva mess. I struggle to see us as having pushed on from it.

I was on my tod in here in 2018 and 2019 saying swerve Zaha to all the football hipsters.

If our Director of Football wanted him in 2019 at £70m+, then there's no reason to doubt him wanting him in 2021 at £40m+

We went back in for Doucoure, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went back in for Zaha. He scored 11 league goals last season.

Actually wish we signed him back in 2019 now, it would have prevented the crisis of Iwobi.
Zaha played as a striker full time this season so 11 goals is hardly impressive. Signing him at his age to play the wing now when he doesn't do it would be Iwobi level if we were lucky.

Not too sure I wanted him....still dont.

Yeah, that and the fact his employer was paying him £120k a week.

He would not be the first footballer on a huge wage to toss his toys out of the pram seeking a higher wage and silverware, or that couldn't be arsed after inking a big deal.

Many of our fans seem to feel that the latter is true for many of our players, in fact.

I agree - the transfer deal that we effectively refused then was something like Iwobi + 30 million pounds for Zaha, which was a no brainer.

It only takes one or two winners to bring the rest of the team up with them
Precisely. I get the feeling Allan and Doucoure are missing another element around them to play their best game including a quicker and more dynamic right hand side and better 'point of the diamond' the latter could be as easy as solving the former and moving James in from the right.

Remember a few years ago under Moyes when Evertron showed an interest in a player other clubs piled in to try and snap them up? That's what we should be doing with Rodgers.

He's looking at Abraham, Edouard and Moreno. We should be too.
I don't like your logic, and Abraham would be a colossal waste of money but I'd defo have a punt on Edouard.

Silva didn't fail because he was young and he certainly didn't fail because he was up and coming. He failed because he's a poor manager which most of us knew before he was hired.

You say the fans are impatient which is true and if things don't improve Carlo will be getting heat as well. He won't last another 3 years playing like a poor man's Burnley getting midtable finishes. He needs better players but Carlo's talents are more moulding experienced players than developing young players. There is little point giving him a bunch of 20 year olds as he'll fail leading us to the instability none of us want. Which was my point; if you want only youngsters then get a different manager. If you want Carlo to succeed give him more experience.
not sure I agree there - he has seen big improvement this year in DCL, Davies, Godfrey, Mina. He has not got as much as I expected from James, Allan, Sigurdsson or Keane

He would not be the first footballer on a huge wage to toss his toys out of the pram seeking a higher wage and silverware, or that couldn't be arsed after inking a big deal.

Many of our fans seem to feel that the latter is true for many of our players, in fact.
Yeah. But none of what you’ve just written relates to Zaha who has never once chucked it in. His form was damaged for a while when he felt the club should take less than they felt he was worth but he never threw the towel in. 11 goals this season is his best PL haul.

Yeah. But none of what you’ve just written relates to Zaha who has never once chucked it in. His form was damaged for a while when he felt the club should take less than they felt he was worth but he never threw the towel in. 11 goals this season is his best PL haul.

Which is exactly what I said in the post that you replied to - it's a credit to him that he never did any of those things when his club was obviously using every ounce of leverage they had against him. So many footballers these days would not be the professional that players like Zaha and Grealish have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.