Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love a game against Dynamo Tbilisi. Cracking late 70s/early 80s team.

Probably went down hill since adding the tomato part...

Hahah I thought I'd half come up with a real team then :D

Oh I'd have loved us to qualify for it. Just mean in terms of signing players in terms of the attraction, it probably wouldn't have helped.

It would have helped with being able to manage the squad, though, and that will come into play.

Maybe it's delusion on my part, but I'm confident we will do something for the 1st time in a long time. I have faith we will bring players in who will improve us and sell players who are not good enough and holding us back. I'm confident we have a plan, and I'm happy to sit back and let it unfold.

I hope you are right but I dont share your confidence. We made no effort to strengthen last January when we were well placed so I find it hard to accept we will have everything under control.

Our recruitment methods do my head in. We leave everything till the last minute and we ignore the huge holes in the squad. Time for Brands to start delivering because its long overdue.

Hopefully.

We could really have done without the Euros though.
Yeah, the Euros/Copa is really badly timed. Hoping the fact that they have been so adamant that they have a plan that they have some things in place. The usual toylute is saying we will try and we will see what happens etc. This time around they seem far more forthcoming, which they really have no need to be. Hopefully it comes from a clpositi9n 9f knowledge rather than blind optimism.

He could be a world beater, but I saw ndombele at Lyon and he looked incredible. Hasn’t really got to the level I expected at Spurs

Think Soumare is definitely a bit raw but the point of what Leicester have done is buy him probably in the knowledge that they've got one (maybe, unless someone comes in with massive money) year left of Ndidi being there.

So they're basically going to have the replacement already there, for when they end up selling. Same way they did with Soyuncu, who was brought in the year before Maguire went. And if they get Edouard, well, while not in exactly the same way, that will help ease the pressure on Vardy.

It's called forward planning. Something we're incapable of. And the perfect example is selling Gueye, and Brands evidently not realising just how important he was to Silva's system. I do feel for Silva in that regard, he was let down. Yes, Gbamin has been unlucky, and that is on nobody, but we should have had a player in that January, because we knew the plan was going to be to sell Gueye.

Hahah I thought I'd half come up with a real team then :D

Oh I'd have loved us to qualify for it. Just mean in terms of signing players in terms of the attraction, it probably wouldn't have helped.

It would have helped with being able to manage the squad, though, and that will come into play.

I don't think the Conference or Europa League attracts anybody really. Champions League obviously does for some reason but even then a lot of it will be to do with CL clubs paying CL wages rather than the thrill of getting dumped out in the group stages.

I hope you are right but I dont share your confidence. We made no effort to strengthen last January when we were well placed so I find it hard to accept we will have everything under control.

Our recruitment methods do my head in. We leave everything till the last minute and we ignore the huge holes in the squad. Time for Brands to start delivering because its long overdue.

Brands has left us short in key areas every window. Last year was the actual time to push the boat out, at the end of the summer window when it was blindingly obvious we were leaving ourselves short, and lo and behold one game later we'd lost Richarlison to suspension and James to injury.

It simply cannot happen again because the areas of weakness are so clear and the profile of player we need is so clear. We'll also have a lot of players leave this summer, with big wages being saved.

We got in quite early last summer didn't we? Still ignored huge gaps I suppose but we at least tried to sort the shocking midfield (which is somehow just as bad now).

Everyone seems to be confident that Ritchie stays next season . Don’t think it beyond realms of possibility that he wants to leave . With Copa America coming up and the Olympic Games he may not be back till season starts !! Country before club it seems . If a large enough offer was to arrive would we be tempted ????

James came here without Europe. As did Allan.

The Prem is a massive pull.

It's about getting the deals done and done quickly.

Bailey would not have been anymore likely to come here had we won today and qualified for the Farmers League. Europe was an important step because it was a sign of tangible process and, also, the club publicly spoke about Europe being a target.

They've failed at it. So that's the season is a failure. No caveats. It's a failure.

However, we're no less - or more - likely to be able to sign a player because we're not playing against Dynamo Tomato Tbilisi or whatever.

These two were rejects who their clubs wanted rid of. We need to completely steer clear of “attracting” these “big names” this summer. We need to start building from the ground up with young, hungry players on an upward trajectory that will be making a step up from their current clubs. Players with energy and something to prove, no more players with half an eye on retirement to sell shirts and make ourselves popular in South America.

Brands has left us short in key areas every window. Last year was the actual time to push the boat out, at the end of the summer window when it was blindingly obvious we were leaving ourselves short, and lo and behold one game later we'd lost Richarlison to suspension and James to injury.

It simply cannot happen again because the areas of weakness are so clear and the profile of player we need is so clear. We'll also have a lot of players leave this summer, with big wages being saved.

There are always excuses. It will likely be the euros excuse this year.

I just dont think they are competent. If we arent scrambling around in the last week of the window I'll be shocked and very pleasantly surprised.

I don't think the Conference or Europa League attracts anybody really. Champions League obviously does for some reason but even then a lot of it will be to do with CL clubs paying CL wages rather than the thrill of getting dumped out in the group stages.

It does give you clout and game time pull though.

We wasted it in 2017 as we know, but Leicester have done it well in that regard. They've built a squad that has now spent 3 weeks out of the top 4 over the last two seasons. Unfortunately for them... well 2 of them have been the final days of the season.

But they've built a top-four challenging team, and now a cup-winning team, by using EL as that ability to have a deep squad, because the games are there to go around and, if managed correctly, can be used to keep players sharp and playing plenty of minutes.

These two were rejects who their clubs wanted rid of. We need to completely steer clear of “attracting” these “big names” this summer. We need to start building from the ground up with young, hungry players on an upward trajectory that will be making a step up from their current clubs. No more players with half an eye on retirement to sell shirts.
I agree, just meant the PL is a big pull.

We'd have every chance of signing one of the wingers from Lille, for example, if we stumped up the cash.

We got in quite early last summer didn't we? Still ignored huge gaps I suppose but we at least tried to sort the shocking midfield (which is somehow just as bad now).

well the deals ultimately were done the final week before the season started, then we left huge gaping gaps at the end of the window with players leaving on loan - which was fine - and we didn't even bring in one forward.

Was a congested window last year, so fair enough, but no excuse this year. No 'waiting for the Euros to be done'. There's nowhere anybody can go on holiday. So get to work and get the players in the door at the start of pre-season.

But we say this every year, and every year it doesn't happen. I think the difference this time is, there is simply no way that anybody could fail to see the type of players we need in at least three positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.