Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is we can float big names but we need up and coming players why would Bailey come here we aren't even in Europe that's the sad truth?! We need players who can actually do jobs we have a bunch of fair-weather cowards a few players apart.

Time for Brands to provide evidence for the existence of an actual scouting network. Failed to do that for 3 years which is alarming.
Its either flops at bigger clubs or Carlos mates. Where are all the hidden gems
I bet Brands goes after Zaha again, the big goon.
Well he's heard of Zaha to be fair. What do you expect him to do? Buy cheaper better players from other leagues?! Do the job he is paid for? He will go after Zaha, fail and panic buy 4 average players after paying double and convince people hes a genius because he wears a suit

In a recent interview with Football FanCast, former Premier League full-back Michael Ball has backed Everton to bring Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley back to Goodison Park this summer.

Honestly I would jib it if that happened.

Ignoring what he did when leaving and that you don't get a new player lift from re-signing somebody he also aint good enough. He is an OKish player. We already have them.

Its a major concern that midfield is still a critical position.

Have Allen and Doucoure actually improved us? I actually think we miss Doucoure much more than Allen. I still dont understand what his role is. He runs around a lot but is never in the right position. He hasn't scored a goal or made an assist and constantly passes square. I'm not a fan at all.
The problem is a game like today we’re always going to look 2nd best. Doucoure has never been a great technical player. Watched him enough at Watford to see he was average on the ball. And playing a deep block, means he’s on the ball more in his own half, it’s a recipe for disaster, same goes for Davies. And Allan to a lesser extent IMO. I think he’s better ok the ball but not fantastic.

Again a big problem is Allan playing the deepest midfielder which doesn’t suit him. If ancelotti is going to stick with this low block then Doucoure was the wrong signing.

At least one new midfielder is needed

The problem is a game like today we’re always going to look 2nd best. Doucoure has never been a great technical player. Watched him enough at Watford to see he was average on the ball. And playing a deep block, means he’s on the ball more in his own half, it’s a recipe for disaster, same goes for Davies. And Allan to a lesser extent IMO. I think he’s better ok the ball but not fantastic.

Again a big problem is Allan playing the deepest midfielder which doesn’t suit him. If ancelotti is going to stick with this low block then Doucoure was the wrong signing.

At least one new midfielder is needed
We still need at least one midfielder. If we don't sign a midfielder then we will struggle next season.

We still need at least one midfielder. If we don't sign a midfielder then we will struggle next season.

At least.

The reality is we will get injuries. Doucoure and Allan can both do a job, but all of the top teams have a creative midfielder In the middle of the park, who make things happen.

We just don’t have that, we don’t even have legs.

we need a Mf who can create mate for starts, we need a winger, so they’res two already lol
We need a proper midfielder who can be effective at both ends of the pitch. Fed up with this attacking v defensive midfielder nonsense. If you cant defend and track runners or have no attacking ability then you are a rubbish midfielder. And we have plenty of them!

Find someone who is a proper midfielder who wants to get up and down the pitch !

We need a proper midfielder who can be effective at both ends of the pitch. Fed up with this attacking v defensive midfielder nonsense. If you cant defend and track runners or have no attacking ability then you are a rubbish midfielder. And we have plenty of them!

Find someone who is a proper midfielder who wants to get up and down the pitch !

ha ha deffo mate

Truth is we can float big names but we need up and coming players why would Bailey come here we aren't even in Europe that's the sad truth?! We need players who can actually do jobs we have a bunch of fair-weather cowards a few players apart.

James came here without Europe. As did Allan.

The Prem is a massive pull.

It's about getting the deals done and done quickly.

Bailey would not have been anymore likely to come here had we won today and qualified for the Farmers League. Europe was an important step because it was a sign of tangible process and, also, the club publicly spoke about Europe being a target.

They've failed at it. So that's the season is a failure. No caveats. It's a failure.

However, we're no less - or more - likely to be able to sign a player because we're not playing against Dynamo Tomato Tbilisi or whatever.

I find it odd we were originally targeting hojbjerg and then the contingency was Doucoure. Doucoure has had moments of impressiveness but hes been dodgy on the ball and that doesn't compliment Allan with his skill type. People classify him as box to box midfielder but he doesn't offer enough offensively to earn that distinction. Our midfield offers no presence, we should of continued to search for a player in the mold of hojbjergs playing profile actually probably could of found someone better.
You find it odd because that isn't the case.

It was Hojbjerg, then Allan.

Doucoure was a separate, longer term target.

James came here without Europe. As did Allan.

The Prem is a massive pull.

It's about getting the deals done and done quickly.

Bailey would not have been anymore likely to come here had we won today and qualified for the Farmers League. Europe was an important step because it was a sign of tangible process and, also, the club publicly spoke about Europe being a target.

They've failed at it. So that's the season is a failure. No caveats. It's a failure.

However, we're no less - or more - likely to be able to sign a player because we're not playing against Dynamo Tomato Tbilisi or whatever.

I would love a game against Dynamo Tbilisi. Cracking late 70s/early 80s team.

Probably went down hill since adding the tomato part...

Maybe it's delusion on my part, but I'm confident we will do something for the 1st time in a long time. I have faith we will bring players in who will improve us and sell players who are not good enough and holding us back. I'm confident we have a plan, and I'm happy to sit back and let it unfold.

Hopefully.

We could really have done without the Euros though.

Status
Not open for further replies.