Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know two signings won't change us overnight but they are key signings.

Despite this damp end to the season, we have done well but our right side is woefully bad.

We have used Coleman, Kenny, Godfrey, Holgate, Iwobi as right backs and wing back and Doucoure even played right midfield.

Squad wise we need to strengthen everywhere but I believe we'll have Simms, Gordon, Branthwaite and Gbamin to help out with the shortcomings of our bench and squad.
Simms, Gordon & branthwaite will be nowhere near the squad next season IMO. Probably another loan season for all 3

We’ve got to just go big in the summer. We can’t turn out next season looking to win 1-0 every game.

A RB who can actually run and cross would be a start. But a right sided version of Digne would be great, although unrealistic.

Get in a big, demanding CB and partner him with Godfrey. We need stability at the back.

Midfield especially, we’re technically dreadful. Doucoure, Allan & Davies (eg as our midfield today) never look comfortable on the ball and can’t control games. A calming influence in the midfield who can actually pass the ball forwards. Shoot Gomes & Delph into the sun.

RW & ST need stocking. Iwobi is a joke and James can’t be arsed half of the time. We’ve got to get competition for DCL & Richy too, far too many times have they not performed / been poor for stretches of games with no one to bring in.

Its a major concern that midfield is still a critical position.

Have Allen and Doucoure actually improved us? I actually think we miss Doucoure much more than Allen. I still dont understand what his role is. He runs around a lot but is never in the right position. He hasn't scored a goal or made an assist and constantly passes square. I'm not a fan at all.

Not convinced any of those 4 will kick a ball for us next season tbh.

Simms, Gordon & branthwaite will be nowhere near the squad next season IMO. Probably another loan season for all 3

Given that we kept 2 goalkeepers on the bench for a regular basis, we will also be losing players this summer and we had plan for these lads.

A good pre-season and we have better options than last season

Part of the problem is we always want big names, top players rather than players who'll give us balance and options.

I can imagine fume if we signed Coufal, Soucek, Fofana, Martinez.

Look at what Atalanta + Lille are doing with smart recruitment and a real identity in how they play. There's no coherent plan, we're light years away.

Part of the problem is we always want big names, top players rather than players who'll give us balance and options.

Look at what Atalanta + Lille are doing with smart recruitment and a real identity in how they play. There's no coherent plan, we're light years away.
This!

It gets harder to do but we can close gaps with the right recruitment.

Best post of the day.

Seriously sick of groundhog day every summer with Everton we don't seem to build it's all quick fixes there is no quick fix we have to follow a Leicester model. Young, hungry, dynamic players we resemble a Seria A team currently we will go nowhere if we don't change course.

Status
Not open for further replies.