Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal and Spurs will surely improve next season so it’s very difficult to see us finishing top 6.
It certainly will be a challenge but we do have the manager who has shown he knows how to get results at difficult places.

I think our season slipped away when Doucoure got injured, he was very important for us up to then.

But, in recent weeks I have looked at our team and bench and realised the players simply are not there to change a game or claw back a game going away from us.

The summer ahead is vital

Without the addition of maybe four first team players next season will also be a challenge.

But I genuinely do believe there are half a dozen players at least that form the basis of a very good team.

Pickford, Godfrey,DCL,Digne,Richarlison, Doucoure,maybe evening Holgate if he sorts out his casual play? JR, of course as well.

Ancelotti has previously said:

1: We are best in a low block -- but he wants to play higher up the pitch

2: We are best when direct but thats not a good way to play.

Im hoping for changes...a top RB, CB and DM changes this team.
Been thinking it since the pathetic home performances against Newcastle and Fulham,with our midfield no way could we come on to organised sides and be expansive....I for one would of settled for the away approach in all games,sure the football would not been easy on the eye but with no fans in surely results counted more.We all witnessed the Alladyce tactics,many of the Silva,Koeman as well as the middle and end of the Martinez years who all served up dross while losing games. Winning just 2 of those would of put us in top 4 and a position to attract top players.I for one would of accepted us playing that way as a means to justify the end.In the end we witnessed eye gougheingly bad performances anyway,and any team be it City or Burnley play to it's strengths...

We have to start understand what the clubs and their transfers are up against.

We spent £60m in the summer on 3 positions, all the clubs in the top 4 spend that on 1 player.

Unless we risk FFP and break out Usmanov, we have to be realistic and take the odd risk on players who need to take the next step.

This transfer policy worked for Moyes but Carlo can't build a team, he has to hit the ground running.

We desperately need a RIGHT BACK and RIGHT WING/ATTACK. I would be looking to spend the majority of our budget on those two positions. They instantly create balance, trust and another line of attack which makes us a greater threat.

Defensively, Holgate has hit his glass ceiling for me, so we need central defender and I would look for more experience someone like a Maksimovic who is on a free, we need more game management at the back.

if they are going to insist on playing out from the back they need a centre half who is comfortable on the ball, which we havent had since they started this nonsense

Worst problem is midfielders receiving the ball and then fat too often playing it backwards rather than getting it forward with either a pass or carrying it themselves.

Diaby alone is being touted for a move for £45mil and Bailey seems to be off to dortmund if/when they sell Sancho.

I think £70mil would be a bargain but more likely £100mil

Dont forget they sold Havertz and Volland last season for €90mil ish.

As @Eggs was saying earlier he looks like he could be in the centre.

I think Brands was responding to a direct question and the reporter was well aware we had been offered him.

Who knows whats true and whats not...

Why do you think hes off to dourtmund? I havent seen it mentioned anywhere.

Dourtmunds top signing is hummels at £27.45m and I presume that was so high because bayern still owed them money on the deal. If bailey is rated at the £50m you think he is theres no way dourtmund will pay that much for him, its just not how dourtmund operates.

In a season that dourtmund has had to slash the asking price on one of their most prised assets in sancho (from 120m to 70m) because of the financial restrictions covid has placed on them i just can't see them splashing £50-60m on one player personally.

Ancelotti

"We have an idea, a clear plan on how we can improve the squad. In the summer we will follow this plan. We have to put, in general, more quality in the squad to try to play more attractive football, to have more quality from the back. This is where we are working."

"More quality from the back"....

Surely a RB + CB ?

Surely that can't be right! I was being told keane was world class the other day lol.

God bless them, ancelotti and brands have their work cut out for them this summer.

He looks like a exciting player but Ironicallythe reason we'vebeen linked with him is the reason why I think we'renot after him.

I doubt if we were actually looking to buy him brands would of told the whole world that we've been offered him. Maybe im wrong but brands has been fairly secretive about who we sign. Then to just come out in a interview and say we've been offered a player seems a bit weird if we are after him.
The lad is being hawked around Europe like a show pony .
I'm certain we wont be signing him.

All about who we can get rid of again. Would quite comfortably let half of our squad go but I can't imagine we'll be able to. The more we can get out the better.

We have to start understand what the clubs and their transfers are up against.

We spent £60m in the summer on 3 positions, all the clubs in the top 4 spend that on 1 player.

Unless we risk FFP and break out Usmanov, we have to be realistic and take the odd risk on players who need to take the next step.

This transfer policy worked for Moyes but Carlo can't build a team, he has to hit the ground running.

We desperately need a RIGHT BACK and RIGHT WING/ATTACK. I would be looking to spend the majority of our budget on those two positions. They instantly create balance, trust and another line of attack which makes us a greater threat.

Defensively, Holgate has hit his glass ceiling for me, so we need central defender and I would look for more experience someone like a Maksimovic who is on a free, we need more game management at the back.
2 signings is not going to change much with this group. We don’t keep possession. We don’t score goals. We need 4 starters IMO. RB CB,CM,RW/forward. Back up keeper and another attacker, who has quality so if DCL or Richarlison isn’t performing he’s good enough to put them on the bench for a few weeks.

I’d also like another midfielder to come in, young with real potential. That’s if we can get rid of delph, Gomes abs maybe even punt Davies if we get a decent offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.