2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope with Carlo is that he knows 90% squad haven't got it so can't be bothered to implement a 'style' and just plays defensive and continues with these dossers to further emphasize to the board how incompetent these 'footballers' are and thus needs improving with at least 4-5 players of top 6 standard

This is my lingering hope. Issue is, you can still implement a style/system/structure without the ideal players, and then drop better players into that structure because it's already in place.

Like you say, it doesn't look like he's even tried, or whatever he has tried, it hasn't worked.

There is no caveat or excuse for our second half of the season. The football has been crap, the results have been crap, he's been crap, the players have been crap. A few nice moments aside, we've done dreadfully since around February time. There is absolutely no way we should have been finishing outside of the top seven given the position we'd got ourselves into in early March with those three wins.

Yet we've come 10th. It's shocking.

He's won leagues in four countries: Italy, England, France, and Germany. That's a very good track record by definition.
No, in the league he has performed below expectations, and has never managed to create any stability. Except for Milan, but here he only won the league once in 8 attempts.

The club employs mediocre people in crucial jobs.

The academy are run by an ex-player mafia of Unsworth, Ebbrell, Jeffers, Baines. An absolute jolly for them.

The Coach has been a great but is now in "fill the bank account mode"

The DoF is...well...let's not go there. Clueless is about as good as it gets for him.

The owner is a meddlesome nerd who stands above the mountain of mediocrity feeding it with cash.

We are a disaster zone of a club. Money to spend and still mediocre - like a default setting you just cant change...especially with a man at the top who seems to think it's ok to be also rans as long as the natives dont rebel.

I said it in another thread, I don’t like them lot across the park, the lack of humility at times in particularly. How many of them would of put up and tolerated the garbage our way over the years?

I’m not interested in appearing morally superior in comparison them, especially to people who couldn’t care less about you in the grand scheme of things. I’m not saying be abusive either , I would like to see a bit more objectivity tho. People go nuts if we are questioned as to being a big club then go on to defend mediocrity which contradicts that.

It’s a vicious circle and going forward I’d like to see less pedestals for people who don’t deserve it.

Because they’re not actually as good as we like to think they are. Doucoure is an average Premier League player and Allan hasn’t shown anything to me to suggest he’s suited to the league.

Squad of average players finishing in an average league position shouldn't be any shock. People on here get carried away by the odd good performance and think we should be doing better but I don't see it.

That home game against Leicester was a perfect example of where we are. We got absolutely played off the park that night. There was such a gulf in quality it was scary.

I said it in another thread, I don’t like them lot across the park, the lack of humility at times in particularly. How many of them would of put up and tolerated the garbage our way over the years?

I’m not interested in appearing morally superior in comparison them, especially to people who couldn’t care less about you in the grand scheme of things. I’m not saying be abusive either , I would like to see a bit more objectivity tho. People go nuts if we are questioned as to being a big club then go on to defend mediocrity which contradicts that.

It’s a vicious circle and going forward I’d like to see less pedestals for people who don’t deserve it.

can we stop bringing “them lot” into it? Sick of it

If he called it a day I'd be gutted.

There's not a single player I'd be remotely arsed if they left tomorrow.

He won't, but at the same time we can't say he's done a good job - know you aren't here - because he hasn't.

Our goal was to get into Europe. He said it, Brands said it, Moshiri has said it. We've failed. So he's failed his first target.

Now we have to build again, but we shouldn't have been in the position we were in.

I think you will find it interesting. A lot of repetition is needed, but you can do it in several ways. Guerdiola has a fairly specific way of training his players, and where you constantly work with the team's guidelines and at the same time improve the players' qualities. The same can be said about Bielsa, Pocchetino, etc.

A recurring theme considering the criticism of Ancelotti is precisely that his training sessions are of poor quality.
They also been there 5 years, Carlo had 1 full season

Squad of average players finishing in an average league position shouldn't be any shock. People on here get carried away by the odd good performance and think we should be doing better but I don't see it.

That home game against Leicester was a perfect example of where we are. We got absolutely played off the park that night. There was such a gulf in quality it was scary.

The terrifying thing is though, that Fulham, Newcastle, Villa and Sheffield United all did the same. There was a gulf in quality between the bottom of the league side and us.

This is a good example of why, in context, stats shouldn't be ignored.

This has been said for a long time here on the forum, but to deaf ears. Stats are only valid when it comes to Richarlison (we have not lost when he has played), and the number of points here on the forum.

He needs reminding what we expect.

49209664_1871795152931492_5793009325718896640_n.jpg

Show that to the board members who have yet to give him their full support in a transfer window.

If you go out and hire a top manager who has a reputation for walking into teams with top players and doing a bit of tinkering with big budgets then you have to compliment that.

If you hire him give him players like Iwobi, Gomes, Holgate, Sigurdsson, Davies, Delph, Keane, Mina, King etc... and expect him to perform miracles and build a young up and coming team for the future and give him a shoe string budget and expect him to have us CL contenders within two seasons then it was a thoughtless and incompetent appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.