2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see Ancelotti having the motivation to see out a lengthy process like that?

I think he does, Dave, tbf. I think he knows this is a project.

But, he has made mistakes, and he shouldn't be serving up this standard of football 18 months in, all caveats included.

There’s no chemistry in this team what so ever. None of them have any understanding.

That's correct.

But these players work on the training pitch under Carlo and his coaches every day of the week. So ultimately, it's not just on the players.

There shouldn't be a total lack of understanding when players go onto a pitch yet, from an attacking perspective, that seems to have been the case since late January.

Why is that? And why has it not been addressed?

They look like they just get thrown on the pitch every game and told to 'attack' without any other instruction than to get it forward quickly, which they then can't - or won't - do.

That's on the manager to sort out.

Er, mate?

He's had one full, summer window. We spent £60m on three players, got James on a free and signed a back-up GK.

If he wanted a better player than King in January, why not demand one? Why is Brands so adverse to doing business in there?

The players you list there were all part of a team, bar King, who did play better football than we have been served up this season. Nobody expected miracles, but we expect better than the dross we've got and the second half of the season has been horrendous. Ludicrously bad football with no plan or idea behind it.

We need to give him backing next window, yes, but it's not like the club hasn't spent money while he's been here. The signings improved us, in the end, two places. Now I think, if you're bringing in Allan, Doucoure, James, Godfrey etc, then we should expect more than a two-place rise.

Our issues aren't because of a lack of backing at all. It's been too much backing of the wrong people, Brands included I think, but we'll see if he can turn that around, and now we haven't got a lot of wiggle room with FFP and the impact of the pandemic - though that's the same for all clubs.

We could still expect our players to be able to pass to each other and look like they've worked on basic things in training, couldn't we?

He signed James and Allan, those where his signings. Doucoure Brands wanted last summer and was always going to happen this summer, Godfrey only happened because Holgate got injured, from Brands mouth at the AGM. So he had £30m to play with. That’s less than Fat Sam got in a January transfer window.

You can expect better with the dross, based on what though? I witnessed the same half arsed gutless performances from those same dross players last season, I know what they’re capable of and what they truly offer. If you expect anything out of them more fool you and you obviously didn’t watch a single game with them in last season. Some of the home performances with the same gutless half arsed dross I’ve mentioned were on the same level as this seasons. The Norwich, Sheffield United. Villa, Southampton and Bournemouth games were absolutely woeful.

That's not the culture he's walked into though.

He gets half a dozen decent results and he sees banners on the terraces with CARLO FANTASTICO on it and must think he's done his job getting us sniffing the Euro spots.
I think with a crowd in attendance this season he would been put under more pressure with the continuing flaccid performances.

He won't be creating any stability at Everton if the likes of you have your way. To be fair, he's already created stability at Everton. Of the 11 players who started Marco Silva's last match in charge, the 5-2 hammering at Anfield, 10 featured in today's 5-0 hammering. 8 started and 2 came off the bench. How's that for stability?

Same old players who failed Silva are at it again. The problem is staring the club in the face.
Stability in the form of success. Well, that may not be very wise.

There’s no chemistry in this team what so ever. None of them have any understanding.

Which is ultimately down to coaching/management.

How some are overlooking this terrifies me going into next season. The players are average yes but most of em will still be here so unless we are signing Mbappe, Haaland, Messi & KDB we need the manager and coaching staff to do their jobs better!

That's correct.

But these players work on the training pitch under Carlo and his coaches every day of the week. So ultimately, it's not just on the players.

There shouldn't be a total lack of understanding when players go onto a pitch yet, from an attacking perspective, that seems to have been the case since late January.

They look like they just get thrown on the pitch every game and told to 'attack' without any other instruction than to get it forward quickly, which they then can't - or won't - do.

They don't have the right attitude to play for Everton, it's that simple for me.

We were passing the ball forwards earlier and looking competitive at nil nil. De Bruyne scored and then no one had the guts to play the ball forwards. We were sideways, back and negative. That's not a coaching directive or tactics. It's woeful mentality and a lack of courage in possession.

If I am a manager I am asking my DOF to remove players from the club and get me better ones. Unfortunately we have an inept failing DOF in charge of recruitment so it won't happen.

the players he's brought in, they'll all be worse next year save for Ben. He's served up the worst footy to watch in a generation. He thinks we've had a good season. if I was Moshiri I'd cut my losses and start again. He's just another Euro trash spiv who's grabbed hold of the one armed bandit called Everton and aint letting go once he realised it's faulty and keeps hitting jackpot.

That's correct.

Same way it was when Silva was manager in his second season. We looked as clueless and lost then.

The squad stinks. It’s full of self loathing, gutless, talentless wasters.

No flavour of the month manager will fix this problem. It requires a mass exodus.

I’m sorry people can’t see this, clearly these rat bag players have the wool pulled over too many peoples eye sockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.