2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a very good track record in CL, but not very good track record in the league. The latter is a better indicator of how well you have performed.
He's won leagues in four countries: Italy, England, France, and Germany. That's a very good track record by definition.

Worrying thing for me is Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Doucoure, Allan, Richarlison, DCL, and James are all good players. Mina isn’t too bad too at times, so why are we so terrible.

Because they’re not actually as good as we like to think they are. Doucoure is an average Premier League player and Allan hasn’t shown anything to me to suggest he’s suited to the league.

Just to add a bit of perspective, in the last 30 years this is our joint 9th best ever points total and really should have been our second best. So better than 66% of all other seasons in that time. Feels awful because we have had some fantastic results, but there is definitely something to build on for next season. Carlo making noises re the transfer market already, but when he has to bring Iwobi or Bernard on to change a game, I have some sympathy....

The answer is stick with him and back him otherwise we’re gonna continue to spiral on the managerial merry go round every 18 months
I'd like a definite style of play and players who look motivated.

I look at Carlo and I see a manager who's a pragmatist with no interest in developing a style of play, and I see the players ignoring week in week out any dressing down he hands them.

This is not a good situation to be in.

I hope he falls on his sword and reaches an understanding with Moshiri. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't here for next season, tbh.

Im just so angry, what structure of play do we have? We should have a set style, but it looks like we don't have a clue on the pitch, that's down to the players and whatever Carlo is making them do in training

We do have some good players too, I just can't see us doing anything under him tbh

The game has passed him by

Worrying thing for me is Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Doucoure, Allan, Richarlison, DCL, and James are all good players. Mina isn’t too bad too at times, so why are we so terrible.

That's not a team though.

Doucoure, Allan, James have played about 8 games together.

You put Digne in a poor back 4, he'll be poor.

My hope with Carlo is that he knows 90% squad haven't got it so can't be bothered to implement a 'style' and just plays defensive and continues with these dossers to further emphasize to the board how incompetent these 'footballers' are and thus needs improving with at least 4-5 players of top 6 standard

I look at Carlo and I see a manager who's a pragmatist with no interest in developing a style of play, and I see the players ignoring week in week out any dressing down he hands them.

I hope he falls on his sword and reaches an understanding with Moshiri. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't here for next season, tbh.

If that happens, we won't be reaching anywhere or challenging anything for years.

Issue is Dave, if Carlo had been a bit more pragmatic at times, we'd have easily got Europe.

We didn't lose home games because he was pragmatic.

Ancelotti on BBC Radio: "It was a good season for the club"

WTF?!
He needs reminding what we expect.

49209664_1871795152931492_5793009325718896640_n.jpg

I wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to walk away tbh. I do agree your points about Unsworth though, yes he’s won 2 PL2 titles but how many of those sides have progressed to first team? The whole Academy team need changing, bar the U18 staff as I think Paul Tait has done a good job this season

Status
Not open for further replies.