Can We Succeed Next Season Without Breaking FFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaChunk

Player Valuation: £20m
Is it possible for this squad to achieve any success next season without breaking FFP to significantly improve 5-6 positions?

Yes, if we put the entire squad on a transfer list, then 90% of them get sold within a couple of weeks somehow, then we sign at least 11 good players within a couple more weeks, then we have good luck with injuries all season. Might seem unlikely, but not impossible! Don’t stop believing! COYB!

Leicester just won the FA Cup and in top 4 so it’s possible to do it without being in the city mould.

Just need competent people doing good business.

So not a chance we can.
The gap in quality between their side and ours is huge though. I think we'd need 5 new players to be able to compete with that squad in terms of ability.

Realistically, no. 3-4 is probably doable with a Kean sale and finding homes for non-contributors with some market value. 5-6 is pushing it.

When the logjam of dreck comes off the books next summer, we can probably do work.

Well in my opinion, at the very least we need to sign players in the following areas:
- Back up or 1st choice GK
- RB
- CB
- CM x2
- RW/RF
- LW/LF
- CF to compete with DCL

The outlay on that is going to be huge. To keep cost down we are going to have to rely on some good scouting (do we have that?) but we can't just buy unheard of young players, we need some established players too.

So for arguments sake, if we go with what we've been linked with:
- One forward as Diaby or Bailey = £ 40 million at least
- Max Aarons = £30 million
- Rabiot = £25 million
- Pape Sarr = £ 20 million

Even if you then filled the other areas with cheaper options:
- The Wolfsburg homophobe = £10 million
- Dike = £15 million
- Romero = free.

You are still looking at an outlay of approximately £140 million. And I've not included a CB in that as we will have to sell one first to bring in another

We may be able to sell Kean for £30-40 million to bring that down, but we would be unlikely to get any money for any more of our dross, but let's say we managed to get in £15 million for some more fringe players etc.

Still reckon you are talking about £100 million outlay and we need to factor in wage bills etc. because we are still going to be left with loads of terrible players who no one wants that we have no use for.

And by the way, I am sure that most of these players would find the thought of playing for Everton laughable/horrific but I'm using them as examples because we have been linked with them.

I just don't see how we can do it without breaking FFP. Because we've been so badly run that the only way out of it I can see is to drop a load of cash again and hope our recruitment is better this time, which is madness. But I think if we just bring in 2 or 3 again, even if they are really good, we just finish between 8th and 12 th again and then we need to factor in the whole project unravelling. James and Allan needing replacing too, so the number of okay players reduces again etc.

Basically, if we don't break it I think we're screwed. But if we break it and get it wrong again, we'll do a Leeds circa 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.