Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight hurts, im trying hard to make sense of the situation, last week we played West Ham and the team didn’t play great but it looked together. Tonight they looked like a group of strangers. There was only Pickford who opened his mouth. It was a perfect storm, Liverpool score last min with a goal from their keeper and we concede in less than 10 minute and give the opposition the biggest shot in the arm they’ve had since beating an abject united team at home and we couldn’t deal with it. If we would have scored that double chance I think that would have got us back on track but it killed us. I don’t know what to say.

Weirdly I thought they did want to win and did show urgency, they were just utterly woeful in almost everything they did and the opposition was taking no prisoners tonight and they didn’t have it in them to overcome that
Panicked as soon as they went 1-0 down. Ridiculous decision-making all over the shop. Partly mental fragility, partly because it's hard to have belief that you're going to turn around a 1-0 deficit in a must-win game when you know you're absolutely terrible and usually struggle to score one goal let alone two.

Oh Mr @Death, just what have you got yourself involved with here my good friend? Tut tut tut.
Aaahhh Bullens. You found a way out of our bet. You rascal.

Screenshot_20210516-224108_Chrome.jpg

Would increasing the lads’ salaries get more effort out of them? Being a pro sportsman must be a tough gig and perhaps more money is the answer
I would love the exact opposite to be the answer, can't cut their wages though, unfortunately, they sure as hell don't deserve their measly weekly packages on that showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.