2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasnt meant to slaughter anyone. People are frustrated, and Bielsa has a lot going for him. But the expectations at Leeds and expectations here are vastly different.
Expectations at Leeds will be different next season though. I think their top brass will be expecting at least europe after establishing themselves this season. I'd fancy them to Get around 7th or 6th.

Always easy to point to the managers when results go wrong. Players get so much leeway it's incredible, what we saw today should not be tolerated. No problems in going 0-1 down in any game of football but players kept squaring it, waiting for someone to take responsibility, to do something. Players let the club down big time today, bunch of total cowards.
If this was one game I would agree, but it's not, it;s week in week out, that is the problem and why it's Ancelotti's problem, not the players.

I agree but I don’t see dunc on the side line shouting, demanding more from the players he is our assistant manager. I see him sitting down or putting the substitute board up. Don’t make a difference manager or not.
You saw what he did when he was the manager. He doesn't now. Why do you think that is??

Based on what exactly? Our last three finishing positions have been 8th, 8th, 12th. At best he's maintained that, with a better squad. How is that working miracles???
The squad has some major deficiencies, they are not his players for the most part. We have decent defenders but the midfield is bereft of creativity beyond James who is a part-timer. Sigs way past his best, Gomes waste of space. That is a key area, our strikers are fine as well if a little thin on the ground. Put two robust and creative players in the middle and that team will be transformed.

Exactly (apparently).

Digne, Richy, DCL, Pickford?

Maybe not, but I reckon Dunc would have had no issues motivating them longer term. Thru fear if nothing else!! :D

Gutless bums. Digne non existent since his new contract. Richarlison only turned up for a month in January. Pickford rubbish start of season - don’t like him. Calvert Lewin too many missed chances. Rats. All cost us.

Yeah we’ve been listening to “just wait til we have James, Doucoure and Allan all back on the pitch together” for weeks. Well...

The two half-decent displays we've put in in the last few weeks have had Davies in centre mid.

Yet he hasn't got a look in when we've needed someone to literally just be in a place where massive gaps appear all the time. Because he's an easy drop.

Btw, I know it's grim, because Davies shouldn't be the answer, but it's one small example of consistent mistakes Carlo is making.

We had them all today and chucked in the worst performance I’ve seen in about 4 years.
Its almost like they have been playing together all season the way they operated out there. Hive mind esque.

Expectations at Leeds will be different next season though. I think their top brass will be expecting at least europe after establishing themselves this season. I'd fancy them to Get around 7th or 6th.

I think they could get found out next season a bit like Sheffield United. Rode the Crest of a wave this season, but sides will be better prepared for them.

I cant argue with that.

But Bielsas alleged high intensity approach, with slow players wont work.
He'd have to turf them out and bring in his own players.

I mean, I know we had to get Ferguson back on the bench and out of the manager's seat, but the club have chosen poorly in retrospect. Moshiri - as always - seduced by the big name.

In the nicest possible way, the Bielsa shouts need binning off because he would never, ever leave what he has at Leeds for our dysfunctional lot, nor is Carlo going anywhere, as we literally cannot afford the payoff related to sacking a man on £10m+ a year. Stick to slagging the cowards off and lower your expectations, it will do wonders for your health

Even harder when you have a team of 95% grade A trash who have little or no desire to do well for this club but are just happy to get their pay cheques. Other than Godfrey and on his day Richarlison (whenever that is...) I see no winners in this team, just a group of overpaid, overrated, heartless, toothless and gutless individuals.
It would have been great to be a manager if everyone had the attitudes of Maldini and the skills of Messi, but it does not work that way in most areas of life. Then it is your job to get the most out of it and to find a solution to your problems. That is why you get paid, and win the competition with other managers for the job.

It is also not unique in football that a group of football players for a team has been called incompetent, lazy and unmotivated and then a new manager has come in and made the team look completely different. Just think of Leeds.

My general attitude is that you keep managers for too long before firing them. The reason for this is that this is a competitive market, where many compete for a relatively few positions, and the best managers spend a relatively short time to get the team to get better and to shape the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.