Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should get Buffon in. Played for Ancelotti at Parma. Just to teach Pickford how to be good.

Nothing wrong with Pickford the past month or so. Since he's returned from injury he's been great. In fairness to Ancelotti, he's handled it great by bringing in Olsen at times this season just to help Pickford realise he's not irreplaceable - he's been much better.

Pickford definitely stills needs the competition otherwise he'll probably fall into his old complacent ways again, be that Olsen or someone else. I'd be quite happy if we signed Olsen though.

Pickford definitely stills needs the competition otherwise he'll probably fall into his old complacent ways again, be that Olsen or someone else. I'd be quite happy if we signed Olsen though.
I think Olsen is a goner due to that thing with his family

My argument isn't Walsh being better than Brands though - you're basically offering a defence of Brands 3 years at the club of "well he isn't AS bad as Steve Walsh".

Thats like a bird bringing home Stalin to meet her parents and saying "he aint AS bad as Hitler!!!"

My argument is if you inherited all of Walsh's signings and massive contracts they will impede you because of Financial Fair Play.

You cannot see what Brands has done for our overall condition of the team both on and off the pitch.

This summer we will finally get rid of players like Bolaise (75k), Besic (30k), Walcott (50k it was £100k but Southampton pay half) plus a load of under 21/23. Having those 3 off the wages alone is £7.4m a year.

We will be back to a better state despite some bad signings which we could still sell but Brands has done excellent.

My argument is if you inherited all of Walsh's signings and massive contracts they will impede you because of Financial Fair Play.

You cannot see what Brands has done for our overall condition of the team both on and off the pitch.

This summer we will finally get rid of players like Bolaise (75k), Besic (30k), Walcott (50k it was £100k but Southampton pay half) plus a load of under 21/23. Having those 3 off the wages alone is £7.4m a year.

We will be back to a better state despite some bad signings which we could still sell but Brands has done excellent.

Its massive money we will be saying in wages, over £200k a week. Jst imagine if we can re-invest that into starting players...thats 2 players of James level.

Are we getting rid of those players because they are out of contract? If so, I don't think you can include those as evidence of Brands doing a good job.

Nothing wrong with Pickford the past month or so. Since he's returned from injury he's been great. In fairness to Ancelotti, he's handled it great by bringing in Olsen at times this season just to help Pickford realise he's not irreplaceable - he's been much better.
I agree with that entirely.

But also, you could do worse than learn from one of the best keepers of the modern age. Pickford would surely love Buffon to come in for what he could teach him - while also seeing that he's not a long-term threat to his position in the team.

Brands has done a decent job, some good some bad overall lets see how he does over the next 3 years with hopefully Carlo still here winning us trophies

For me a good DOF has to have a say 70-75% success rate on signings to succeed in this competitive league so basically for every 4 signings we make we can afford for 1 to be a dud providing the other 3 offer something to the squad in terms of productively.

I look at Brands signings and if you are being very generous and including the likes of James/Allan who were Carlos boys let be honest his success rate is probably around say 50%? Which even then means for every 2 players he signs 1 doesn't offer us much which ultimately is poor and unsustainable financially for a club like us bound somewhat by FFP.

Thats the problem I have with him on top of the fact we have no decent academy players looking to be coming through.

Are we getting rid of those players because they are out of contract? If so, I don't think you can include those as evidence of Brands doing a good job.
Well that's not Brands problem is it?

If those players don't want to go he can't do anything about it.

Would you leave a job that pays you more than you are worth to do nothing?

Ask Social Media Darling Bolaise who has been at
Sporting - 25 games all comp, 2 goals in the Farmers League of Portugal.
Villa - Terminated his own loan without telling Everton because he thought he could get back in only to get bombed out and see Villa promoted and missing out on Premier League football.
Anderlecht - I mean no Belgium club is paying over 70k a week
Boro - Turned them down in the summer tho because he thought he could play a part this season only to be told nah your overpaid and kack.

You can lead the horse to water but

Well that's not Brands problem is it?

If those players don't want to go he can't do anything about it.

Would you leave a job that pays you more than you are worth to do nothing?

Ask Social Media Darling Bolaise who has been at
Sporting - 25 games all comp, 2 goals in the Farmers League of Portugal.
Villa - Terminated his own loan without telling Everton because he thought he could get back in only to get bombed out and see Villa promoted and missing out on Premier League football.
Anderlecht - I mean no Belgium club is paying over 70k a week
Boro - Turned them down in the summer tho because he thought he could play a part this season only to be told nah your overpaid and kack.

You can lead the horse to water but
For those players, he has done nothing to merit praise
Those players are leaving because they are out of contract, not because Brands has done his job well.
If Brands was to get praise, it would be because he got rid of them before their contracts ended.
But he didn't.

I like Brands, I'm glad we have him, I'm just saying that players leaving because their contracts expired is not evidence of Brands doing a good job

Its true though - the most common answer the players or/and Steve Walsh / Koeman 3 years on!!!

4 Walsh signings were on that pitch tonight and 2 of them (DCL + Keane) have been two of our best players this season, the other (Pickford) has massively improved his performances in recent weeks and the other being Siggurdsson.

The 4 weakest links in the squad this season are Brands signings:

Iwobi - awful
Slomes - does nothing
Delph - awful / injury prone

Gbamin - made of weetabix

For me you can only blame the ghost of Steve Walsh for so long before it comes off as straw clutching. I was baffled Brands was offered a new 3 year deal at best he should have been given a 12 month extension and told his future depends on this summer's business.
Those four players are every bit as poor as you describe, yes.

What about Besic, Bernard, Bolasie, Tosun and Walcott though? Are they better? If so, why aren't they in the matchday squad, why did we loan three of them out instead? Who signed them?

Status
Not open for further replies.