Old Everton Pictures

Mate, I think you're selling him a bit short there...anybody who stood in for Ball (P1...W1); Kendall (P6...W5 D1); and Harvey (P8...W5, L3) - 2 of those losses were the Sandy Brown Derby and the FA Cup Vs Sheffield U. and everybody had off days in those two...deserves a bit more credit
That's the beauty of football. Everyone has a view, the last game against Villa someone voted for Lucas
Digne as MotM. I realise that I may have been a little unkind to Tommy Jackson and after all it is 50 years
ago, maybe my memory is not as good as yours on this subject, the only thing I am certain of is: That
I would never have chosen him in my first 11, hence a good 12th man. I also know that Harry the Catt
knew more than I'll ever know.

That's the beauty of football. Everyone has a view, the last game against Villa someone voted for Lucas
Digne as MotM. I realise that I may have been a little unkind to Tommy Jackson and after all it is 50 years
ago, maybe my memory is not as good as yours on this subject, the only thing I am certain of is: That
I would never have chosen him in my first 11, hence a good 12th man. I also know that Harry the Catt
knew more than I'll ever know.

Tommy was below our first eleven at that time just a stop gap versatility player you are right about that, as he was never in the class of the Holy Trinity midfield at that time, but his dogged performances he never let us down he fitted in well to see us become champions...
In the days of only one substitute in today's game he would have been used from the bench far more often 14 games in our title season replacing Bally & Harvey was no mean feat imo

No it was our choice it was the start of playing cup games if possible in white right up to 1966.....
Nah mate sorry, total *sounds like things you put oars in on a rowing boat*.
If not, why didn't anybody know about it prior, there was not 1 person in a 1000 who didn't go...wtf, when we came out in white

Nah mate sorry, total *sounds like things you put oars in on a rowing boat*.
If not, why didn't anybody know about it prior, there was not 1 person in a 1000 who didn't go...wtf, when we came out in white
My older brother was there yes there was bewilderment in why we ran pout in an all white kit - yest as I stated we carried that on in cup copetitions even in 1966 -
At home -
5th March 1966 Fred Pickering adds the third against Coventry after Alex Scott had turned the ball back to him, playing in our white kit at home ....

1620822480783.png

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/bgrassandefc200/

Knowing The Catt I meant lol
I've been away checking cup progammes.
Sometimes both teams changed, like City in the 6th round, they played in Maroon we played in white and black.
But for the replay we were in white and they were in red.
Yet the season before Vs Wednesday they mustve been happy to play in their normal 2nd strip of white...like league games and the 66 final - where iirc, we won the toss to decide as it was at a neutral venue.
Confused?
Me too.
But I do remember reading after the Milan game when the white shirts was queried that this was the Euro norm and for the away leg they changed.

I've been away checking cup progammes.
Sometimes both teams changed, like City in the 6th round, they played in Maroon we played in white and black.
But for the replay we were in white and they were in red.
Yet the season before Vs Wednesday they mustve been happy to play in their normal 2nd strip of white...like league games and the 66 final - where iirc, we won the toss to decide as it was at a neutral venue.
Confused?
Me too.
But I do remember reading after the Milan game when the white shirts was queried that this was the Euro norm and for the away leg they changed.
Its weird My brother reckoned that Milan game the whole blues crowd were shocked when we ran out in that white kit - but it was used in cup completions afterwards - City always changed into that striped kit at Goodson even though they played in sky blue as did Coventry I think ....
In league games we played in our traditional kit at home?

From what I've read on here shouldn't that read no money given giving all the bunking in and such lol
The amount of times I stood at a turnstile & two kids would get lifted over to their mate on the other side in the ground - every one laughed - never a problem the guy obviously knew the gate man well - lol
How those lads got the boxes ladders in to stand on was laughable too.... the walls were massive though at the front to stop pitch invasions etc...