Old Everton Pictures

For @TangerineToffee ;)
Wonderful images (although painful for Blackburn Rovers supporters) of Fred Pickering bidding adieu to his home town as he joins Everton in 1964. He walks along a cobbled street & gets a peck on the cheek from his wife for the camera, as Harry Catterick watches on -

1620833573195.png

Brilliant. Thanks for more photos of Vernon. I cant wait to get across to Liverpool to visit the Library and get some more old photos. With the Covid situation it has been nearly two years since I was last in "the Pool"
They are probably in Rob Sawers book the Blue Dragon which I helped to sponsor a fantastic read & a great autobiography......a must read book for any blue ;)

A while back we tweeted a 1987 Everton programme Q&A page featuring winger Stuart Storer. Stuart arrived in a double-deal with Wayne Clarke. the signing of Wayne Clarke -} left} was a great signing by HK for @T LEAFE.... who met him on his Honeymoon -
Dont Know what happened to Stuart Storer @Eggs ? Anyone?

View attachment 127046

Last year

A while back we tweeted a 1987 Everton programme Q&A page featuring winger Stuart Storer. Stuart arrived in a double-deal with Wayne Clarke. the signing of Wayne Clarke -} left} was a great signing by HK for @T LEAFE.... who met him on his Honeymoon -
Dont Know what happened to Stuart Storer @Eggs ? Anyone?

View attachment 127046

...oh I remember Storer signing but he never played.

According to Wiki, subsequently did the rounds playing plenty for Bolton, Exeter & Brighton. Last seen managing in semi-pro leagues.