Old Everton Pictures

.....being a bit mischievous here, Joey, but it looks more like Labone heading that ball. Hurst in the background behind Joe Royle. I’m probably wrong and the caption right.
It did say Joe in the caption TBF but to me, it looks like Hurstys motions he his heading that ball imo - artistic licence from me :D - Joe just look to be looking on imo?lol

1620657409274.png

Mate, All Evertons declared attendances were suspicious back then. Some weeks in the 70s, rhe team was struggling and the announced figure at the end was the only reason you got to smile on the day
Back then - we got caught -The Great Turnstile Fraud of 1895; Everton's Biggest Ever First Division Victory ... gate men pocketing the cash

Tommy Jackson 1969 - a very underrated versatile midfielder for us -

View attachment 126814
I didn't rate him all that much Joey, but when you consider he was mainly picked to quell the Man U
triumvirate, which I'm sure was probably the best in the World at one time. I seem to remember him
playing for Ireland and snuffing out Portugals Eusebio. He used to do the same kind of job as Kante
but not as effective. I'd always rate him as a 12th man.

I didn't rate him all that much Joey, but when you consider he was mainly picked to quell the Man U
triumvirate, which I'm sure was probably the best in the World at one time. I seem to remember him
playing for Ireland and snuffing out Portugals Eusebio. He used to do the same kind of job as Kante
Yes he was limited but always gave 100 percent...hard act to follow covering for Bally, & Harvey one suspended Harvey eye injury played his part in a workmanship way for us in the title run in 1970....

Yes he was limited but always gave 100 percent...hard act to follow covering for Bally, & Harvey one suspended Harvey eye injury played his part in a workmanship way for us in the title run in 1970....

Played at the start of that season - 5 or 6 games I think - in place of H K who was injured in the opener at Highbury. Honestly can't remember him playing any part in the title run in. Maybe it's my memory!

I think Harvey's injury was later in the following season ... again, I'm trusting to memory!

Mate, I think you're selling him a bit short there...anybody who stood in for Ball (P1...W1); Kendall (P6...W5 D1); and Harvey (P8...W5, L3) - 2 of those losses were the Sandy Brown Derby and the FA Cup Vs Sheffield U. and everybody had off days in those two...deserves a bit more credit

Played at the start of that season - 5 or 6 games I think - in place of H K who was injured in the opener at Highbury. Honestly can't remember him playing any part in the title run in. Maybe it's my memory!

I think Harvey's injury was later in the following season ... again, I'm trusting to memory!
Your memory iikd be like mine lol but he did stand in & never let us down ....checking my EFC Bible in 14 games plus 1 substitution.... In or title season......

I'd have to agree with Eggs, and maybe a Sandy Brown pose in the background?
And the blob near the halfway line???? I’m going for Jimmy Husband!!
...Joe Royle definitely looking on, but I reckon Labone heading the ball & Hurst in the background.

I just spotted your post! I thought Husband but yours is a good shout!