Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the loan trap though. Another bad loan and his price could fall. Its like watching Kieran Dowell all over again. play him or sell him I’m afraid, but avoid the permaloan trap.

I would deffo sell if we can bring in another wide player - don't think he'll ever be good enough for a club competing for the top 6.

This is the loan trap though. Another bad loan and his price could fall. Its like watching Kieran Dowell all over again. play him or sell him I’m afraid, but avoid the permaloan trap.
What price? We aren’t Liverpool where we can get 20mil for youngsters. I’d reckon we’d be lucky to get 5 with Add ons.

I just think it wouldn’t sit right if he was let go after not really getting a chance at men’s football.

What price? We aren’t Liverpool where we can get 20mil for youngsters. I’d reckon we’d be lucky to get 5 with Add ons.

I just think it wouldn’t sit right if he was let go after not really getting a chance at men’s football.
It’s what happened with Kieran Dowell, Pennington etc.

Personally I think he could make it, but I just feel that if he goes on loan again, then he won’t make it here. Therefore, why loan him again?

According to Sportsmail, Everton have shown an interest in signing Arsenal’s Ainsley Maitland-Niles this summer, but they view him as a right-back.

The Toffees want to bring in another player in the position with Seamus Coleman already in the twilight of his career.
I'm just not convinced buying Arsenal cast offs is sensible. I've yet to see one really shake off the shackles and fly once they've left. Gnabry, arguably. Certainly not at Everton or in the Prem.

I genuinely don't even know what we need in CM. All I know is that I've seen entirely wayyy too many matches with Allan and Doucoure where we were ripped wide open by opposing teams. We kind of need both someone who can break up play regularly and DEFINITELY needs a CM who can move with the ball and, shockingly, pass forward.

What's completely laughable are those who say, hopefully jokingly, that Gylfi fn Sigurdsson could do a job in the middle.

I genuinely don't even know what we need in CM. All I know is that I've seen entirely wayyy too many matches with Allan and Doucoure where we were ripped wide open by opposing teams. We kind of need both someone who can break up play regularly and DEFINITELY needs a CM who can move with the ball and, shockingly, pass forward.

What's completely laughable are those who say, hopefully jokingly, that Gylfi fn Sigurdsson could do a job in the middle.
This is where I am at too. I can't decide what the team needs more in a new CM. I think the realistic discussion is not which type of CM to pursue this summer, but which the team should invest more heavily in, i.e. an impact number 6 who can sit in front of the back 4 and allow Allan and Doucs to play their more natural games, or a playmaking CM who pushes the ball forward and hits the killer pass. We definitely need both, but I highly doubt we will be buying two more starting level CM after buying both Allan and Doucs last summer, not to mention that Gbamin could be coming back. If I had to pick which of those profiles to invest more in, I think my votes would be a more premium playmaker and a more developmental number 6. Though I could be convinced otherwise. Both need to be mobile (and good on the ball obviously).

I would sell Gomes if possible to fund it. And I agree, I don't even consider Gylfi a CM. Which is fine, I'm a lot happier with him after this season. But he should not be played in the middle.

Last edited:

We need two, a DM and a box to box/more attacking midfielder

It’s what happened with Kieran Dowell, Pennington etc.

Personally I think he could make it, but I just feel that if he goes on loan again, then he won’t make it here. Therefore, why loan him again?
Dowell I think only left last year at what 22/23 and had 3/4 loans. Pennington is 26.

Gordon has only just turned 20. Do well sell Onyango next summer at 19 if he hasn’t made or had a good loan.

But his last loan wasn’t great, for one reason or another. A good loan next season could put his price up.

I’d be amazed he’s sold this summer
I'd say hes got 1 more season maybe. Either out on loan or at the club.
If its with ambitions for him to be a first team player than id say stay at the club.
As someone else has said, you are in danger of going the dowell/pennington/connelly route with another loan.
If we like him, keep him. If we are not sure.....cash in!

Dowell I think only left last year at what 22/23 and had 3/4 loans. Pennington is 26.

Gordon has only just turned 20. Do well sell Onyango next summer at 19 if he hasn’t made or had a good loan.
How many top 6 PL players (our aim of were to be). Arent playing first team football at 20?
Its a tough, tough place to be in. But maybe yes!
Instead of treating every youth player as the next first team superstar, they need to be looked at as assets abit more.
Realisticly how many will make the first team?
Its about making good money off these lads when they are at there most valuable

Status
Not open for further replies.