Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a rash at that price.
If we could get similar for Slomes then it would be an immediate upgrade (depending on how he comes back from this injury of course), he's young and still developing and would be hard not to make our money back if it didnt work out.
At £12m id guess there could be a bidding war for him though.

No bidding war. Everyone can just trigger his clause.

Need to sell Crab, Dulwich, Iceland, Seamus, Snail, Xmas, Gurnalot, Hipster, Inch High, Hank, Theo, Baldie... basically start from scratch. Only offer performance based contracts to new players and keep the squad small.
Get rid of the academy, and the youth teams.....it and they produce nothing

I like the idea of him becoming the sitter which would allow Allan much more freedom to go box-to-box with Doucoure.

For £12m it seems like a bit of a no bainer.. if he doesn't work out we make a profit but he's very highly rated for a reason.
It does at that price although looking at this heatmap most of his work seems to be in the oppositions half rather than the sitting role.
https://www.sofascore.com/player/sander-berge/793167

It does at that price although looking at this heatmap most of his work seems to be in the oppositions half rather than the sitting role.
https://www.sofascore.com/player/sander-berge/793167

Yeah I read that Sheff Utd had him as a box-to-box however think few of his former managers said they see him as a defensive mid and even a future CB. He would add some real physicality to a midfield that gets bossed almost every week - I liken it to the impact Soucek has had at West Ham.

I admit mate I was happy with us signing Sandro and Kean both no brainers based on their age and fee but both shown that English football is a different beast to other leagues.

I think naturally any player from abroad are seen as more attractive - Doucoure is a perfect example in that many didnt want him from Watford however if he played in France or Germany and was some pacey bloke called Zakaria or Soumare people would have been all over him.

Same with Ings people would rather spend £30 million on some cat from Italy who could come over and only score a few goals and be like a fish out of water even Timo Werner looks average at Chelsea, as did Haller at West Ham.

I personally hope we target championship/lower PL players like Bissouma, Aarons who have hunger and sprinkle a bit of experience around them like Coutinho, Koulibaly who you know what you are getting.

Yeah think much the same myself, sorry for the poorly worded reply, tried to change it, but it was too late, auto correct is crap. We have wasted far too much money on expensive foreign imports and also big six players
who haven't been worth the money. Our best signings have been from Watford and Norwich ! Though I do like Rodriguez and Allan, Digne wasn't bad either !
Lol happened again this new kindle fire is a pain in the backside to use atm.

Need to sell Crab, Dulwich, Iceland, Seamus, Snail, Xmas, Gurnalot, Hipster, Inch High, Hank, Theo, Baldie... basically start from scratch. Only offer performance based contracts to new players and keep the squad small.
Get rid of the academy, and the youth teams.....it and they produce nothing
Wow....Why not burn the ground down as well. Surely things are not that bad? :oops:

I'm also not sure it's fair to portray Berge as poor. In his 1st season here he was excellent and Sheffield United have really missed him this season.

I think people are reading I only want him because he's £12m.

I think he's a good player but wouldn't want us to spend £35m on him the same way I think Coutinho is good enough but I don't want us to spend £40m or whatever on him.

Probably because we need more than one midfielder??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I’m not sure we do next season as long as we don’t buy someone cheap and not up to the job. I think 5 is enough maybe 6 max With Europe and if Ancelotti wants to play 433.

New midfielder, Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gbamin, I know Gbamin still has a big question Mark over him. I think Onyango, when he recovers from injury will be part of the first team set up. And siggurdsson can do a job as a 3rd midfielder. I think that’s plenty next season. And gives Carlo time to look at Gbamin. See how Tom Davies does next season. And looks at a few of the young midfielders who apparently have impressed him
Onyango & Price

And this is also on the basis,
The club can get rid of Gomes & delph.

I’m not sure we do next season as long as we don’t buy someone cheap and not up to the job. I think 5 is enough maybe 6 max With Europe and if Ancelotti wants to play 433.

New midfielder, Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gbamin, I know Gbamin still has a big question Mark over him. I think Onyango, when he recovers from injury will be part of the first team set up. And siggurdsson can do a job as a 3rd midfielder. I think that’s plenty next season. And gives Carlo time to look at Gbamin. See how Tom Davies does next season. And looks at a few of the young midfielders who apparently have impressed him
Onyango & Price

And this is also on the basis,
The club can get rid of Gomes & delph.

Well we do, our midfield is injury prone, we regularly have had to start with sub-par players.

None of the academy lads are ready.

We need 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.