Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bissouma, Aarons definitely won't be bargains mate, I can tell you that much for free. You're looking at £70m for the pair of them, at least.

Doubt we'll go for either tbh but we should - money simply should not be an issue this summer we have to bring in tried and tested players in this league although I imagine we'll likely try exploit the Covid striken European market.

Just think we can get two better players for the same price from elsewhere mate, but agree with the general point

Assuming we get a decent fee for Kean and a few off the books like Benard, Kenny, Delph I hope we properly back the manager this window.

Cant be in a situation again where the likes of Villa and Leeds were spending more than us. The competition is getting tighter and tighter in the league need to exploit the likes of Arsenal and Spurs faltering.

Wasnt he praised as a RB but told Arsenal he only wanted to play CM ? Then at WBA mostly played CM and not very good but in DM or full back hes been decent?

Just from memory...
I remember seeing him play Rb at goodison and wondering what competition he'd won

You get the feeling that this summer there will be a few bargains to be had the question is will we take advantage or as usual will Brands leave us scrambling around on Deadline Day for a Rojo / Iwobi?

Ings/Bellotti 12 months left on contract
Toney
Aarons / Celik
Soumare (looks off to Leicester)
Coutinho
Pereira (relegated)
Anguissa (relegated)
Bissouma

Bargains to be had but I doubt we'll get any of em with soft lad running the ship.
Given the prices being quoted for some of those players I'm not sure bargains is the right word.

Given the prices being quoted for some of those players I'm not sure bargains is the right word.

The problem with the English market is you're paying over the odds for players however you know what those can bring.

You can spend £30-35 million on a Danny Ings and know he'll get you 10-15 goals a season whereas you can sign a Sandro Ramirez for £5 million or a Cenk Toshun for £27 million for less but there is no guarantee of what they will offer in English football.

Thats why the likes of Brighton can afford to take a punt on the likes of Bissouma because they have no hopes of Europe they just want 17th or higher every season whereas clubs like us want/need an instant impact similiar to what Doucoure brought us in the summer.

Be interesting what we do this summer as the market abroad will be a lot cheaper however you dont know what you're getting - which is what makes the links to Coutinho interesting as he'll be relatively cheap compared to players of his type in England however he's Premier League proven already so you know what he would bring providing he can stay fit

Last edited:

Assuming we get a decent fee for Kean and a few off the books like Benard, Kenny, Delph I hope we properly back the manager this window.

Cant be in a situation again where the likes of Villa and Leeds were spending more than us. The competition is getting tighter and tighter in the league need to exploit the likes of Arsenal and Spurs faltering.
Given our recent transfer record, it baffles me how people still view “spending more” as the yardstick for a successful transfer window.

The problem with the English market is you're paying over the odds for players however you know what those can bring.

You can spend £30-35 million on a Danny Ings and know he'll get you 10-15 goals a season whereas you can sign a Sandro Ramirez for £5 million or a Cenk Toshun for £27 million for less but there is no guarantee of what they will offer in English football.

Thats why the likes of Brighton can afford to take a punt on the likes of Bissouma because they have no hopes of Europe they just want 17th or higher every season whereas clubs like us want/need an instant impact similiar to what Doucoure brought us in the summer.

Be interesting what we do this summer as the market abroad will be a lot cheaper however you dont know what you're getting - which is what makes the links to Coutinho interesting as he'll be relatively cheap compared to players of his type in England however he's Premier League proven already so you know what he would bring providing he can stay fit

League experience doesn't necessarily mean much. We bought Sigurdsson for massive money, got nothing. Iwobi the same, although he was crap anyway. Ashley Williams was one of our all time worst players etc. etc.

It's just down to good scouting and not buying high cost duds. We've been very very bad at doing that, especially under Steve Walsh.

You get the feeling that this summer there will be a few bargains to be had the question is will we take advantage or as usual will Brands leave us scrambling around on Deadline Day for a Rojo / Iwobi?

Ings/Bellotti 12 months left on contract
Toney
Aarons / Celik
Soumare (looks off to Leicester)
Coutinho
Pereira (relegated)
Anguissa (relegated)
Bissouma

Bargains to be had but I doubt we'll get any of em with soft lad running the ship.

You are looking at about 250M worth there to probably stand still.

A couple of them may be worth a punt but we need to be smarter and not fill our whole squad with £30 million players.

League experience doesn't necessarily mean much. We bought Sigurdsson for massive money, got nothing. Iwobi the same, although he was crap anyway. Ashley Williams was one of our all time worst players etc. etc.

It's just down to good scouting and not buying high cost duds. We've been very very bad at doing that, especially under Steve Walsh.

It does come down to good recruitment however buying from England is much less riskier than buying abroad imo.

People always point to Siggurdsson, Bolasie, Iwobi but we've wasted just as much on players oversea's like Toshun, Kean, Sandro, Gomes, Niasse, Benard.

Most of our success signings in recent years have been UK based: Lukaku, Richarlison, Godfrey, Doucoure and even before them likes of Cahill, Lescott, Jags, Baines, Howard, The Yak Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.