Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get the feeling that this summer there will be a few bargains to be had the question is will we take advantage or as usual will Brands leave us scrambling around on Deadline Day for a Rojo / Iwobi?

Ings/Bellotti 12 months left on contract
Toney
Aarons / Celik
Soumare (looks off to Leicester)
Coutinho
Pereira (relegated)
Anguissa (relegated)
Bissouma

Bargains to be had but I doubt we'll get any of em with soft lad running the ship.
All of them will cost over £30m with maybe the exception of Anguissa.

I'd argue Allan and Doucoure would compliment each other if we saw them with a player whose job it is to be a bit more disciplined.

Basically, Tom Davies has to be in our midfield in every game atm for me, because he helps get the best out of our other players by just being there.

Not to say that our midfield looks 'solid' with him in there, we just look less easy to play through.

Hopefully we see that, because I think a three of Doucoure-Allan-Davies gives us a way of playing James up front in a three again and to me that's where he's looked his best.
Yeah, I'd agree with that. Our current best lineup (IMHO) is a 4-3-3 where Davies sits as the deep central man in the midfield three, with Doucoure and Allan playing box-tobox either side of him. Now if the club starts bringing in new midfielders I'll happily reassess my take on our best lineup, but as it stands...

We paid £40m+ to bring in Allan and Doucoure last season, it makes financial sense that the third midfielder is the position we'd upgrade next. Plus it would give Gbamin time to recover and allow us to bin off Delph AND Gomes.

Not by any source even close to Fab, the man has been spot on for 2 years now, he's Gospel.

Bissouma, Aarons definitely won't be bargains mate, I can tell you that much for free. You're looking at £70m for the pair of them, at least.
Bissouma is being linked with the likes of the Manchester clubs, the RS, and Dortmund so i think we will struggle to sign him tbh and Romano said something the other day that we had moved away from Aarons, i think the price is just too high tbh and a few clubs that have been linked (ourselves included) would want someone with just a bit more output for that sort of money.

Bissouma is being linked with the likes of the Manchester clubs, the RS, and Dortmund so i think we will struggle to sign him tbh and Romano said something the other day that we had moved away from Aarons, i think the price is just too high tbh and a few clubs that have been linked (ourselves included) would want someone with just a bit more output for that sort of money.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Aarons mate, at this stage it's all rumours - even though I trust Fab's info.

We'll be assession options I'm sure.

I like the look of Baku from Wolfsburg but he's played a fair bit as a winger so not 100% sure he'd offer the defensive side enough...

But it's clear where the priorities in the squad are, for me - CM, RB, RW (forward).

Get those sorted, assess the CB situation and the striker situation depending on Kean (whose likely sale will probably fund one of the moves in the priority section).

We have to be quick though. We can't be waiting around. The Euros unfortunately does complicate things as teams will wait when it comes to buying and selling so it will be frustrating to an extent for ins and outs in that regard, but we know where our priorities are so we should move asap.

Yeah, I see the point you're getting at.

Taking the other examples into account first, I'd agree with you that DCL and Richarlison have struggled to work alongside each other this season and Keane and Mina don't function well as a pair. With Allan and Doucoure however, I think the problem is not that they don't work well together but that neither of them is at their best as a DM. That's why I reckon signing a top-tier DM to play as the 6 in a three-man midfield is the key to progressing next season: it will allow our two current best midfielders to BOTH play in their best positions. I think it's to their immense credit that both Doucoure and Allan have had such an impact this year despite the fact that even when we're at full strength AND they're both available, one of them has to play out of position.

I'd argue Allan and Doucoure would compliment each other if we saw them with a player whose job it is to be a bit more disciplined.

Basically, Tom Davies has to be in our midfield in every game atm for me, because he helps get the best out of our other players by just being there.

Not to say that our midfield looks 'solid' with him in there, we just look less easy to play through.

Hopefully we see that, because I think a three of Doucoure-Allan-Davies gives us a way of playing James up front in a three again and to me that's where he's looked his best.
Yeah I agree with this. My point was in reply to someone who was effectively saying that we'd signed players who fit into the team well together but injuries had scuppered us. I was just saying I don't believe that to be the case, because I think our midfield still looked decidedly ropey in the majority of games that Allan and Doucoure played together. I agree that they could work in a different set up/with different players - in much the same way as Mina and Keane can - but we definitely haven't found that set up here.

We can all argue endlessly about who we'd like to see the club bid for, but let's look at the other side of the coin for a moment: the existing players we're like to see gone.

Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott are all out of contract on June 30th 2021. It is utterly inconceivable at this stage that any of them will get a fresh contract here.

Olsen's loan deal ends on June 30th 2021. I can't see him wanting to come back.

King's deal expires on June 30th 2021. I'd be surprised if he wanted to renew.

That's six players leaving, of which only two need replacing.

I think we'd all be happy to see Baningime, Bernard, Delph, Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Kenny and Tosun sold too. Of those eight, only Iwobi, Gomes and Kean have contracts beyond 2022 so five of them will go for pretty low fees. Nevertheless, the savings on wages will be huge.

If all fourteen went, how many new faces would we realistically NEED to bring in? It's scary to think how much dead weight we STILL have at the club!
Think you can add Gordon to that list and make it 9.

We can all argue endlessly about who we'd like to see the club bid for, but let's look at the other side of the coin for a moment: the existing players we're like to see gone.

Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott are all out of contract on June 30th 2021. It is utterly inconceivable at this stage that any of them will get a fresh contract here.

I think we'd all be happy to see Baningime, Bernard, Delph, Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Kenny and Tosun sold too. Of those eight, only Iwobi, Gomes and Kean have contracts beyond 2022 so five of them will go for pretty low fees. Nevertheless, the savings on wages will be huge.

If all fourteen went, how many new faces would we realistically NEED to bring in? It's scary to think how much dead weight we STILL have at the club!

What date do the sales doors open?

Many thanks for that useful summary. I had lost track of the various contract situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.