2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard that the CIA are using Big Oil to break down ISIS suspects during interrogation and he has a 100 % success rate.
I have no idea what he's on about 80% of the time.

He seems unhappy with Carlo, but has done the right thing with the squad by focusing on defence. He likes results, but thinks we need to play sexier football.

He says a lot about Siggy. No idea there either.

I think he's written a books worth on here. I think it's a mystery thriller? Like one day, we'll discover how the plot points converge.

I like him though, he's committed and takes it all in good spirit.

*undergoes more wordsalad waterboarding*

Last edited:
Are we going to hang onto the away record like the 72 points?

No, we're going to build on it. Belief is a lovely thing. Our players haven't had it away to the big fish for a very long time now.

I just think you look at us now and we're still a defensive team just it suits the current squad better. I don't know if that means we are actually that much better though.

The points table is like a golf scorecard. There isn't room for a story, just a number. If you want to try to start predicting future results, there's advanced stats for that. Those don't handle personnel changes well, though, so at the end of the day there will always be some subjectivity regarding how the manager deals with what he has available to him.

No, we're going to build on it. Belief is a lovely thing. Our players haven't had it away to the big fish for a very long time now.

The points table is like a golf scorecard. There isn't room for a story, just a number. If you want to try to start predicting future results, there's advanced stats for that. Those don't handle personnel changes well, though, so at the end of the day there will always be some subjectivity regarding how the manager deals with what he has available to him.
Yeah and the advanced stats are not good. The stats folks will be writing articles calling us the team most likely to drop off next year. And yeah if we fix the personnel in key areas we could overcome that and that is certainly the hope.

Yeah and the advanced stats are not good. The stats folks will be writing articles calling us the team most likely to drop off next year. And yeah if we fix the personnel in key areas we could overcome that and that is certainly the hope.

I am actually super, super shocked you're not a stat folk that writes articles if I'm honest.

I am actually super, super shocked you're not a stat folk that writes articles if I'm honest.
Honestly I don't really have a unique enough perspective to make it worth doing. It isn't like I've got access to things most people who care can't view themselves and I'm not making graphics or anything. I enjoy reading and looking at the stuff but I'm not so interested to take the next step.

Honestly I don't really have a unique enough perspective to make it worth doing. It isn't like I've got access to things most people who care can't view themselves and I'm not making graphics or anything. I enjoy reading and looking at the stuff but I'm not so interested to take the next step.

If I could imagine what job you did in real life it would be that.

See what you guys struggle with is that they're right a lot
No they arent.

Stats are ok, but in isolation they are useless.

Everton are a perfect point in case, if you looked at the stats of most of our games, they would paint a picture of a side that hasn't won many games, yet in the real world, we have won vastly more than we lost.

No they arent.

Stats are ok, but in isolation they are useless.

Everton are a perfect point in case, if you looked at the stats of most of our games, they would paint a picture of a side that hasn't won many games, yet in the real world, we have won vastly more than we lost.
Nah we aren't that bad, they'd have us 10th or 11th and instead we might finish 6-8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.