2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest mate, Leicester, Liverpool, West Ham and Spurs have all failed on at least one of these throughout the season.

It's a points game ultimately, you get there how you get there IMHO.
I get the results argument, I'd just really like to be making the results argument sitting in 4th or 5th with more than outside chance of CL than 8th with slightly more than an outside chance for Europa or the other thing.

For me those teams Spurs aside put it together more often than we do.

I get the results argument, I'd just really like to be making the results argument sitting in 4th or 5th with more than outside chance of CL than 8th with slightly more than an outside chance for Europa or the other thing.

For me those teams Spurs aside put it together more often than we do.

....points total suggests there’s very little difference between the teams. I do tend to agree with you, though. The difference is when it comes to a key game or key incident in a game those teams tend to take it.

Posters called the Reds ‘lucky’ when Southampton missed a sitter and they went up the other end and scored, but I think that’s the difference in them being ahead of us. Their game at United on Thursday is massive, i wouldn’t be surprised if they won it.

....points total suggests there’s very little difference between the teams. I do tend to agree with you, though. The difference is when it comes to a key game or key incident in a game those teams tend to take it.

Posters called the Reds ‘lucky’ when Southampton missed a sitter and they went up the other end and scored, but I think that’s the difference in them being ahead of us. Their game at United on Thursday is massive, i wouldn’t be surprised if they won it.
I don't know the incident as despite being a kopite I've actually not seen that lot play in awhile, but that can happen in games and yes responding is key. I think the difference for some of the teams and us is that they've got more an ability to win 2-1 if they do slip up and let one in.

Are we going to hang onto the away record like the 72 points?
Well no mate, cos only 1 person really cares about the 72 points, we finished 5th, so nobody really thinks its anything to hang on to.

Just like the away record doesn't mean as much due to our home record being poor and home and away meaning little in this climate.

But are you going to keep ignoring results and focusing on performances?

Well no mate, cos only 1 person really cares about the 72 points, we finished 5th, so nobody really thinks its anything to hang on to.

Just like the away record doesn't mean as much due to our home record being poor and home and away meaning little in this climate.

But are you going to keep ignoring results and focusing on performances?
Yeah I intent to unless we somehow complete the current miracle needed to get fourth. I don't really find results short of that as worthy of this kind of praise.

hard to see the West Ham win as anything other than a tactical masterclass. reminder this team was battling relegation playing attacking football, I'm fine with defensive performances until next season.

hard to see the West Ham win as anything other than a tactical masterclass. reminder this team was battling relegation playing attacking football, I'm fine with defensive performances until next season.
Wait do you mean under Silva? We were a pretty pedestrian attacking side under him too I thought.

The big difference between Carlo and Silva is Carlo has stopped trying to press since he doesn't have Gueye. Silva lost Gueye and changed nothing which killed us. Carlo has made the correct change there. Attacking has been average through it all.

Wait do you mean under Silva? We were a pretty pedestrian attacking side under him too I thought.

The big difference between Carlo and Silva is Carlo has stopped trying to press since he doesn't have Gueye. Silva lost Gueye and changed nothing which killed us. Carlo has made the correct change there. Attacking has been average through it all.
We were pedestrian in the last days of his reign, because his formation setup and the way we played was predictable and easy to counter against. Only towards the very end of his tenure did we even being changing the formation at all. Combined with our centreback woes and our endless, endless crossing, we stopped being able to score and shipped goals like Amazon Prime. Despite this Silva did improve our attacking in his first season from the anemic play of the Gravy Train. Problem was next season our passing was even worse than it is this season and our high-block let any team with a half-decent playmaker exploit the space we let them have.

We were pedestrian in the last days of his reign, because his formation setup and the way we played was predictable and easy to counter against. Only towards the very end of his tenure did we even being changing the formation at all. Combined with our centreback woes and our endless, endless crossing, we stopped being able to score and shipped goals like Amazon Prime. Despite this Silva did improve our attacking in his first season from the anemic play of the Gravy Train. Problem was next season our passing was even worse than it is this season and our high-block let any team with a half-decent playmaker exploit the space we let them have.
Well right he improved on Allardyce but that doesn't really make it good haha. We were a defensive team under Silva just a more proactive one. That doesn't work without Gana and as you say we shipped goals on the counter for fun.

I just think you look at us now and we're still a defensive team just it suits the current squad better. I don't know if that means we are actually that much better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.