2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teams that have outplayed us have highlighted how unbalanced and inadequate our squad is. When we had everyone fit and firing at the start of the season we were steam rolling past teams. Then Richarlison gets suspended, Coleman injured and we're forced to play Iwobi and Sigurdsson in midfield. The next week James is also injured, Digne suspended and Godfrey injured. The rest of the season has followed that trend.

We have a good starting XI however our squad is tragic and our squad players are no better than Southampton's, Wolves, Villa's etc.

No we weren’t.

No we weren’t.

We outplayed Spurs first game of the season, thumped West Brom, West Ham and Brighton and battled to a good point against Liverpool. Maybe not steam rolled, but we were taking the game to teams. We scored 26 goals in our first 8 games in all comps, we've scored 6 in our last 8. Quite a good first XI but not got a squad to compete at the top end.

We outplayed Spurs first game of the season, thumped West Brom, West Ham and Brighton and battled to a good point against Liverpool. Maybe not steam rolled, but we were taking the game to teams. We scored 26 goals in our first 8 games in all comps, we've scored 6 in our last 8. Quite a good first XI but not got a squad to compete at the top end.
Spurs were a disgrace in that game. I said then Mourinho would be sacked as the players looked to have downed tools (they did start playing for him later on and got near the top, to his credit, before they fell apart again). Spurs under Jose were a busted flush.

More on that Spurs game

“José Mourinho was critical of his Tottenham team after they slumped to a 1-0 home defeat, describing their pressing as lazy and complaining about the overall lack of intensity – particularly after Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s decisive goal on 55 minutes. He also called into question the mentality of his players, saying some had “a wrong state of mind”.

Wouldn’t be the last time he threw the players under the bus.

They're not a formality. Hate that arrogant approach. They're more winnable than other games but some down there are not atrocious sides. Fulham. Brighton. Leeds. Wolves. Southampton. All in current bottom 10 and all can give problems on their day.
Cant stand that formality sh!te.
agree with this - if not then the teams above us should think playing us is a formality.

I agree and think the world were ready to write Moyes off for what he did at Utd when in my view, Fergie knew the club and team were about to start a decline and left at exactly the right time.

Moyes has been severely tarnished by what happened at United and even more so than other managers who came after him somehow.

I think Carlo and Moyes have a lot of similarities in that I find neither are the most pro-active managers in terms of making subs etc. However, their good points are that they can set up a team and in a season like this, organisation counts for everything.

I still think that it’s more on the players than Carlo for how bad we have been in the latter part of the season and I am confident that with another summer of Carlos input, we can make the progression we can all see we need. My overall thinking is that if we as fans can see what we need (power and pace) then I am sure Carlo can given his achievements and the fact he sees it all in training every day too.
The main thing i worry about is their personalities. I think Moyes has a more determined, strong, get the job done personality, where as Carlo seemingly to me has a laid back approach, that results will come EVENTUALLY, just give me the time to sort it way of thinking. Personally, i would like the " in your face" no nonsense manager at Everton. someone where our players would have nowhere to hide.

The main thing i worry about is their personalities. I think Moyes has a more determined, strong, get the job done personality, where as Carlo seemingly to me has a laid back approach, that results will come EVENTUALLY, just give me the time to sort it way of thinking. Personally, i would like the " in your face" no nonsense manager at Everton. someone where our players would have nowhere to hide.
Poor man's H.H.

I just don’t think Carlo is really sitting back behind closed doors and letting things slide or even if he is, he has people around him to do the shouting for him. If you look at the managers who are winning things these days they are veering away from the Fergie style hairdryer towards the arm round the shoulder type and while they do have the hairdryer capability, it’s rarely used so that when it is, the players take notice.

i was listening to a podcast ran by some journalists earlier and they said that the other night Carlo was screaming at Holgate and Gomes all night. Knowing that’s the case gives me great comfort that Carlo knows where are problems are and will do something about it when we have the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.