2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph, Allan, Gmblammo are all 6s, Davies isn't a 6.

But forget it, we are so apart that I cba with 6 pages.
The reason we binned off the 4-3-3 we had working reasonably well early on is Allan was so much not a 6 and teams started finding the massive chasms he inevitably left chasing the ball.

20210505_152913.jpg

The reason we binned off the 4-3-3 we had working reasonably well early on is Allan was so much not a 6 and teams started finding the massive chasms he inevitably left chasing the ball.
Davies has been playing more of a six this year, and I agree Allan hasn't been playing six or at least he feels the need to press because others aren't and leaves the six too often at times.

Was willing to give this lad a chance and stuck up for him on here a while back, I don't like criticising our own but this lad has lost all confidence in himself on the pitch and treats the ball like a hot potato,
A squad player until the end of the season then he has to go.

He seems a really nice kid but for me he's a modern footballer who fits the tag of too much money not enough hunger. Cares more about his IG and YT channels and his image.
He may be the most dedicated player at the club for all we know, but when you are not playing well it is difficult for supporters to get behind a player who seem to have interests outside of his football.

A player I simply cannot figure out, he went through a patch earlier in the season where he looked to be getting his Everton career on track, then his form fell off a cliff again.
We had this excuse about not being played in his best position but surely it is up to him to show the manager that he is good enough or at least good enough to play on a regular basis.

He has the size, strength, speed , ball control.... he seems to be missing heart and determination.

He may be the most dedicated player at the club for all we know, but when you are not playing well it is difficult for supporters to get behind a player who seem to have interests outside of his football.

A player I simply cannot figure out, he went through a patch earlier in the season where he looked to be getting his Everton career on track, then his form fell off a cliff again.
We had this excuse about not being played in his best position but surely it is up to him to show the manager that he is good enough or at least good enough to play on a regular basis.

He has the size, strength, speed , ball control.... he seems to be missing heart and determination.

I'm surprised at your view on him. I don't see how his pace, strength or speed are positive attributes. If anything, he's severely lacking in that department. That alone tells me he could not possibly be the most dedicated player at the club.

I think his social media accounts are a good example of his attitude. Not just because he has accounts, but because of the material on them. He seems to think he's God's gift to the earth. He seems to believe his opinion on what he eats, what his favourite shoes are, his reaction to music are important enough to warrant a YouTube channel. To me that suggests a major lack of self awareness, and someone who truly believes they're something very special.

My guess is that he thinks he doesn't have to work much harder from here.

If we could sell him to a Watford or Palace this summer for 10-15M I would be very happy. He just doesn't do enough in the final third to warrant minutes in the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.