Everton Youth Teams Thread

anybody know if the 18s game being streamed on Man City TV tomorrow?
Not been said, and it will i am sure rely on City showing it as Everton dont seem to show games from Finch farm, Ive been looking for days and while we are at it if you sign up for the saints website they have 4mins highlights of the u23s game yesterday-Wolves have not put u18s highlights either yet as they usually do a few mins as well

It sometimes wonders me whether players like him could do no worse than the first team dross we witnessed last night
Aye, there’s many a time you think the kids could do better than the disinterested dross we see from the first team, if only in their effort level.
Reality is though that our brightest prospects are either injured or too young yet to make an impact. Nathan Broadhead at 22 is perhaps the exception, I saw that him and Kyle John were training with the first team last week. If he was a few years younger there’d be a clamour for him given the number of U23 goals he’s scored recently. He certainly falls into the “ can’t do much worse “ category.

Isaac Price injured with a stress fracture of the hip? Yet another young Everton player struck down this season with a bizarre injury.
I’ve come across stress fracture of the hip in runners, usually cumulative / overtraining type of injury, it would seem uncommon in young footballers who don’t run that far relatively , it’s not usually a “ contact” type injury you’d expect in a match. Price was briefly shown with Onyango in the stands at the WBA Youth Cup game, I didn’t see any crutches so it suggests he can at least bear his own weight . He should be back for pre season.

I’ve come across stress fracture of the hip in runners, usually cumulative / overtraining type of injury, it would seem uncommon in young footballers who don’t run that far relatively , it’s not usually a “ contact” type injury you’d expect in a match. Price was briefly shown with Onyango in the stands at the WBA Youth Cup game, I didn’t see any crutches so it suggests he can at least bear his own weight . He should be back for pre season.

our injury record at that level is ridiculous. Our injury record at every level is ridiculous.

Had exactly that injury when I was early 20s. It was caused by overtraining.

Was hard to get it diagnosed correctly in those days.

Was told by Doc to do nothing, not walk anywhere I could go by car, run, jog, cycle or lift anything heavier than a pint.

Came back 6 months later ballooned but it never caused me a moments grief again.

I did lift a herculean quantity of pints, one by one.

The kid will be fine.

Not been said, and it will i am sure rely on City showing it as Everton dont seem to show games from Finch farm, Ive been looking for days and while we are at it if you sign up for the saints website they have 4mins highlights of the u23s game yesterday-Wolves have not put u18s highlights either yet as they usually do a few mins as well
Thanks for the heads up re the Saints highlights of our U23s game. Charlie Whitaker seems to be everywhere in the clip, through balls to set up goals, an overhead kick that doesn’t quite come off,delicately dinking his goal over the goalkeeper, fouled twice for the Southampton red card . Shame we couldn’t see more . I also noticed that in one of the later goals Thierry Small was up there in the central No10 position, he’s got some engine on him when he sees the opportunity to get forward.

Had exactly that injury when I was early 20s. It was caused by overtraining.

Was hard to get it diagnosed correctly in those days.

Was told by Doc to do nothing, not walk anywhere I could go by car, run, jog, cycle or lift anything heavier than a pint.

Came back 6 months later ballooned but it never caused me a moments grief again.

I did lift a herculean quantity of pints, one by one.

The kid will be fine.

Thats it. It's an overuse injury mixed in with the fact his body is growing and has grown quite a lot over the last 12-18 months. I know people think we are cursed, but honestly, young players at every club pick up niggles. Now the FA Youth Cup is done they can see that they can give him a break for 3-4 months to recover. In honesty, it will do him and Onynago good to have that time off.

My partners lad is their age and las year was exhausted. Over lockdown when he didn't have to keep getting up for school I reckon he grew 6 inches in a year. He just needed that time away from doing constant physical work and exercise to grow. It's the same with a lot of these lads, they just need time to really grow into their bodies. Stress fractures, and in honesty fractures full stop are not a major problem for sportsmen, if they are given time to heel as the bone will grow back stronger.

I know people cite Andy Murray, but Murray was nearly 30, and played through the pain for years and refused to take time out. At 17, if you take 3-4 months out the bodies capabilities of self repairing are still very strong and will recover more strongly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the enforced break Onyango and Price have will see them return bigger and stronger.

one of the players down as a trialist who came on at 70’ was coby ebere, 15 years old, tall, strong fast striker, think he’s previously played for Germany youth set up & played alongside emilio Lawrence for the 16s this season. Already about 6’0, maybe taller.

The other ‘trialist’ could be saja manafa, may not be however, 16 years old, don’t know much about him however he has been offered a scholarship.
Just confirming your call, it was Saf Manafa who came on for Owen Barker against Wolves, with Corby Ebere and Lawrence replacing Cannon and Garcia. That’s 8 Schoolboys getting game time so far, not including a goalkeeper who I think didn’t get on the pitch.

Thats it. It's an overuse injury mixed in with the fact his body is growing and has grown quite a lot over the last 12-18 months. I know people think we are cursed, but honestly, young players at every club pick up niggles. Now the FA Youth Cup is done they can see that they can give him a break for 3-4 months to recover. In honesty, it will do him and Onynago good to have that time off.

My partners lad is their age and las year was exhausted. Over lockdown when he didn't have to keep getting up for school I reckon he grew 6 inches in a year. He just needed that time away from doing constant physical work and exercise to grow. It's the same with a lot of these lads, they just need time to really grow into their bodies. Stress fractures, and in honesty fractures full stop are not a major problem for sportsmen, if they are given time to heel as the bone will grow back stronger.

I know people cite Andy Murray, but Murray was nearly 30, and played through the pain for years and refused to take time out. At 17, if you take 3-4 months out the bodies capabilities of self repairing are still very strong and will recover more strongly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the enforced break Onyango and Price have will see them return bigger and stronger.
That is absolute quality post.

My eldest lad grew 13cm in 6 months for the exact same reason last year.