2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to a podcast last night with Ben Winstanly and they were talking about Tottenham or Man U coming in for him this summer. Have to say I'm not worried at all. He is our first choice is still developing can't see them bidding enough either. He would be a bench option for most of these teams. Now if Man City came in I would be more worried.

Oh wow, you actually don’t understand what a fact is? That’s awkward.
Explain to me if I'm wrong how? I'm talking about something that did happen, I'm not talking options, I'm talking history, that makes it a fact.
I am 100% correct and you are 100% wrong.

Explain to me if I'm wrong how? I'm talking about something that did happen, I'm not talking options, I'm talking history, that makes it a fact.
I am 100% correct and you are 100% wrong.
Ok maybe we’ve got our wires crossed here.

What are you saying happened? That Walsh said it? In that case apologies because yes that’s a fact (it just isn’t actually what your post implied). I thought you were saying that what he said was a fact. If that is what you were saying then I fully stand by saying you don’t know what a fact is. Lukaku didn’t score zero goals in a season. It didn’t happen. It’s absolutely not a fact that we would have finished 7th if he’d scored no goals, it can’t possibly be proven either way. It’s not a real thing, it’s a possible alternate reality that someone brought up.

Wouldn't argue against that point but fact remains that Dom is not top 4 clinical, especially in one on one situation where he has to think

What is "top 4 clinical"? Werner? Firmino? Sterling?

Dom has strengths and weaknesses just like most players, he's a beast aerially and works his arse off. He's not great 1v1 but he can work on that.

The problem is we've come to rely on him too much this season. If the players around him start pulling their weight with goals then it won't be an issue.

He has done well this season, however I am still not convinced that he he is good enough if we plan on getting into the top 4.

What is "top 4 clinical"? Werner? Firmino? Sterling?

Dom has strengths and weaknesses just like most players, he's a beast aerially and works his arse off. He's not great 1v1 but he can work on that.

The problem is we've come to rely on him too much this season. If the players around him start pulling their weight with goals then it won't be an issue.

Only 1 is an out and out striker so not sure why you are comparing them

Was listening to a podcast last night with Ben Winstanly and they were talking about Tottenham or Man U coming in for him this summer. Have to say I'm not worried at all. He is our first choice is still developing can't see them bidding enough either. He would be a bench option for most of these teams. Now if Man City came in I would be more worried.
He is a bench option for nobody. His goals to opportunities this season must be as good as any...and he still has much time on his side.
We might be a mediocre squad but we have a number of ace players. Just need to get some depth and power in midfield because Sigs is past his best, Gomes has never had a best, Davies might come on but those three are weak in the key area

Status
Not open for further replies.