Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I think you have to look at areas of the pitch. DCL & Richarlison are fine, indeed DCL is rapid. Godfrey is more Ferrari than Rolls Royce & is addressing the lack of defensive pace although I’d like 3 of the back four to be pacy.

We now have ‘legs’ in midfield (Doucoure, Gbamin) but no real pace & a lack of mobility with some individuals.

Just on the defence, Aarons + Godfrey are rapid and Digne is a top player and no slouch.

Add in an athletic centre back with pace and it has the makings of a top defence.

Up top with Richarlison and DCL were quick. As you say though...need pace in the centre of the park.

I'd be surprised if we don't sign him, 30 million is slightly mad money, from what I've seen of Celek at Lille i think i would go for him for half the price. But it ain't my money.

Our problem is, this summer we cant be taking any risks.

The boy Celik might be cheaper, but there's also a chance he won't adapt to the English game, Aarons is younger, with more room to grow and also carries an English premium.

But the lad gets up and down from the brief stuff I've seen and his chances created digits are very good.

Big above average = Celik.

Rapid English young 'proven' = Aarons

Aarons all day

Just on the defence, Aarons + Godfrey are rapid and Digne is a top player and no slouch.

Add in an athletic centre back with pace and it has the makings of a top defence.

Up top with Richarlison and DCL were quick. As you say though...need pace in the centre of the park.

Aarons all day
Proven at what?

He has 1 assist and 4 'big chances created' this season so his numbers are not really that good tbh . I have a feeling this might work in the long run but there really is no margin for error as tbh there are much better options out there especially given the price that is being quoted.
What’s his stats for idea balls tho?

Looks the type of player/signing that will start getting linked with an England call up the moment he gets a run in a more fashionable team than Norwich. At 21, 120+ games in three seasons and in that time been injured once.

He's an absolute no brainer of a signing.

English football. Experience in premier league, Championship and England U21s.

Compare that to a Turkish player with experience in Turkey and France + Turkish national team.

Aarons is streets ahead of him.
I typically think of proven as has played well in a top flight league. So whether the Turkish lad counts or not, I would not call Aarons proven.

Looks the type of player/signing that will start getting linked with an England call up the moment he gets a run in a more fashionable team than Norwich. At 21, 120+ games in three seasons and in that time been injured once.

I'm going to try my best not to exaggerate here: he is at best the 6th best English RB playing right now. I don't think you can make any argument for him being ahead of Trent, James, Trippier, Wan-Bissaka or Walker.

Now if I'm picking he's even lower than that. Lamptey and James Justin are ahead of him for sure as well in my eyes. And you've also got guys like Ayling and Matty Cash who have taken to the PL pretty well in a way he didn't really do last go around.

He's young, presumably he will get better, but the money matters here and we're thinking about tossing away an awful lot of it for this guy.

That’s what we need. Consistency with injuries.

Coleman is getting older, and we’ve been decimated with injuries all season, if we can have a player on right and left side of defence who miss 2-3 games all season combined, then it’s one less headache.

Hea also got huge pace, which we’ve missed for a good couple of seasons with Coleman.

It’s a big yes from me, with Coleman a more than suitable back up ala Baines.

He has 1 assist and 4 'big chances created' this season so his numbers are not really that good tbh . I have a feeling this might work in the long run but there really is no margin for error as tbh there are much better options out there especially given the price that is being quoted.
There was a Norwich fan on here who said he’s made loads of chances this year. They just haven’t been put away.

Reminds me of when we signed Baines. It was obvious how good he was and that he wanted to play for Everton but we messed about for a year before we signed him, then hardly played him for a year until finally Moyes gave him a chance and he became a legend. Let's hope this is the same!

Aarons all day
Doesn’t look 5 ft 10 but the internet info said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.