Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun

The squad is nicely slim-lined.

Sure it needs a few more wastermans punting, but we have some wiggle room, as I say, Outs will determine Ins, the squad is a nice number now, we just need to punt rubbish and sign quality, but at least we no longer have to punt 6 rubbish to add 1 quality.

Brands most important job this summer will be getting rid of some very bad players, loans, frees, attracting players wont be an issue with Carlo.

That doesn't make the worlds elite in our grasp, but then we wouldn't be stupid enough to target them.

Manager : Carlo Ancelotti

Goalkeepers (2)

Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virginia (UA)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Left Backs (2)
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (7)
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun

The squad is nicely slim-lined.

Sure it needs a few more wastermans punting, but we have some wiggle room, as I say, Outs will determine Ins, the squad is a nice number now, we just need to punt rubbish and sign quality, but at least we no longer have to punt 6 rubbish to add 1 quality.

Brands most important job this summer will be getting rid of some very bad players, loans, frees, attracting players wont be an issue with Carlo.

That doesn't make the worlds elite in our grasp, but then we wouldn't be stupid enough to target them.
Why does it matter if FFP is gone?

Sigurdsson is getting a new deal, so do we have to wait for Delph, Bernard and Iwobi's contracts to expire now?

Why does it matter if FFP is gone?

Sigurdsson is getting a new deal, so do we have to wait for Delph, Bernard and Iwobi's contracts to expire now?
FFP hasnt gone, but its not my concern, my concern is adding players to a squad we have now manageable numbers.

And I never said we had to wait for anybody's contracts to expire, I said we need rubbish out the door.

We had Bernie half out the door the last window, Delph and Iwobi will be harder to shift of course, but I meant, if we want to upgrade our CBs, then 1 CB should go, same for all other positions if we sell Kean, he needs replacing, Tosun with being injured will be hard, but not impossible.

Its basic squad building, 1 out 1 in, I never mentioned money, the majority of the players will probably be loans out or nominal fees, so we ain't getting like for like cash wise anyway.

My overriding point is that numbers-wise the squad is finally in a good spot, so if we can, keep it as it is.

Only on p16, but good (?) to see DaveK back at it again. All the classics. Moving the goalposts. Ignoring valid points. Posting complete fabrications as truth. How does someone like him watch/follow football for so long and yet still spout such utter nonsense!! :eek: :D

Haha, see you've conveniently forgotten about the stadium already ;) :coffee:

They are points that are unanswerable.
lol lol :)

I don't rate him but here we are got to get behind him again this summer.

He's cleared some previous wasters but then added quite a few more. I think lossl, Delph, iwobi, gomes , Bernard, kean, arguably mina, king and olsen to an extent have been bad buys.

Gbamin really unlucky on.

Digne , Richarlison, Godfrey, hamez, Allan, Doucoure arrived under his watch. Fitness issues aside with a couple of them seem good buys so far. Nkoukou and Braithwaite can't judge.

That's 10 poor and 6 good if you like.

My main concern with brands is the scouting capacity he seemingly doesn't posses. 14 of those players were either well known or flopped at bigger clubs.

That is always a very risky strategy as they normally arrive with baggage or a point to prove.

We need to find these players before they have had a chance to flop somewhere or before we need to pay a premium to aquire their services.

We also as far as know have not recieved a single transfer fee for a sale with an exception our best midfielder at the time for a modest fee when compared to the market. I could be wrong.

Mixed bag of onions really.

He's cleared some previous wasters but then added quite a few more. I think lossl, Delph, iwobi, gomes , Bernard, kean, arguably mina, king and olsen to an extent have been bad buys.

Digne , Richarlison, Godfrey, hamez, Allan, Doucoure arrived under his watch. Fitness issues aside with a couple of them seem good buys so far. Nkoukou and Braithwaite can't judge.

My main concern with brands is the scouting capacity he seemingly doesn't posses. 14 of those players were either well known or flopped at bigger clubs.

That is always a very risky strategy as they normally arrive with baggage or a point to prove.

We need to find these players before they have had a chance to flop somewhere or before we need to pay a premium to aquire their services.

We also as far as know have not recieved a single transfer fee for a sale with an exception our best midfielder at the time for a modest fee when compared to the market. I could be wrong.

Lossl, King and Olsen arent buys, they are cheap loans, he hasn't saddled the club with them.

Mina cant be called a poor buy, under any metric.

This is the real list.

Plus column

Digne
Godfrey
Hamez
Doucs
Brainthwaite
Nknounou
Allan
Richarlison
Kean
Mina
Virginia

Minus column

Delph
Gomes
Iwobi
Bernard

Lossl, backup keeper on a free, how can that be a hit or a miss really? Olsen, backup keeper on a loan? Kean who we'll possibly double our money on? King, a 6 month "loan"? Proper reaching there to be honest.

Its 9 "poor" mate.

Lossl, King and Olsen arent buys, they are cheap loans, he hasn't saddled the club with them.

Mina cant be called a poor buy, under any metric.

This is the real list.

Plus column

Digne
Godfrey
Hamez
Doucs
Brainthwaite
Nknounou
Allan
Richarlison
Kean
Mina
Virginia

Minus column

Delph
Gomes
Iwobi
Bernard
I think a poor buy is a poor buy really contracts aside. Mina has had is best season with doubt but he's one dimensional and just as he's looking to become better and more consistent he dances his hamstring in half or something.

Branthwaite and nkoukou , none of us know yet if they will make the grade, kean was poor for us so was a poor buy regardless of any speculation about profit etc.

Fully aligned with the rest.

Lossl, backup keeper on a free, how can that be a hit or a miss really? Olsen, backup keeper on a loan? Kean who we'll possibly double our money on? King, a 6 month "loan"? Proper reaching there to be honest.
Lossl he didn't do anything except get paid , poor buy. Olsen won't replace pickford and has the same issues as pickford looks great then looks terrible. Poor buy for me.

Kean crap on the pitch for us, profit aside didn't improve the squad. King no need to invest in that 6 month contract at all bad decision for me.

...I think I recall him saying he liked squad players from the bigger clubs who are struggling for games, so I think that’s a strategy given ex-Barcelona contingent.

I’m ambivalent over the awarding of a new contract, but ‘good’ or ‘bad’ signings is a matter of opinion. Re-sale value might be a more accurate benchmark. Kean might be seen as a poor signing but realise a healthy profit.

Good or bad, I am encouraged that there does appear a transfer strategy in place. I can genuinely see why he acquired every individual he’s brought in. Steve Walsh just bought players.

I would like Brands to apply acceptance criteria for each purchase. More specifically I would include the following;

1) Don’t bring players in with a history of muscle injury.
2) Attitude - acquire footballers who play like every game of football matters.

...I think I recall him saying he liked squad players from the bigger clubs who are struggling for games, so I think he’s given that as a strategy given ex-Barcelona contingent.

I’m ambivalent over the awarding of a new contract, but ‘good’ or ‘bad’ signings is a matter of opinion. Re-sale value might be a more accurate benchmark. Kean might be seen as a poor signing but realise a healthy profit.

Good or bad, I am encouraged that there does appear a transfer strategy in place. I can genuinely see why he acquired every individual he’s brought in. Steve Walsh just bought players.

I would like Brands to apply acceptance criteria for each purchase. More specifically I would include the following;

1) Don’t bring players in with a history of muscle injury.
2) Attitude - acquire footballers who play like every game of football matters.
Yes I think he did, cast offs have rarely worked out for Everton, I'd like to think a more well thought out strategy would be in place for someone of his calibre and expertise.

Well yes exactly it's an opinions game we are in here on the forum, judging solely from a football perspective for us rather than ££ I'd say kean was a bad buy.

I just can't see the strategy as clear as others, I see panic buys in iwobi and King. I don't feel there's much of a plan b , c ,d etc.

Steve walsh was a disaster but yet we still have a number of his signings no only starting each week but in some people's opinions our player of the season in Michael Keane.

I just don't think Brands has raised the bar as much as a lot of people were expecting.

Your points 1 and 2 surely are a basic requirement for any team wanting to challenge at the top. It shouldn't even be a question we have to ask of a Director of football.

1/ it most definitely IS his job. But the owners bought a dog and barked themselves.
2/ Jeffers, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Baines
3/ he got shut of players for a knock down price, after a fashion. He's had 3 years to get shut of Bolaise and he's still here.
4/ Digne is the one class signing..after 3 years. The rest are tat or bang average.
5/ getting players in that any good manager can use is the first step in getting better PL positions

The onus is on ytou to tell us why he should be handed another 3 seasons here...
How do you function day to day?

You must be in a rage all the time with everything.

You couldn’t have picked a worse club to follow given your outlook on life.
Yes I think he did, cast offs have rarely worked out for Everton, I'd like to think a more well thought out strategy would be in place for someone of his calibre and expertise.

Well yes exactly it's an opinions game we are in here on the forum, judging solely from a football perspective for us rather than ££ I'd say kean was a bad buy.

I just can't see the strategy as clear as others, I see panic buys in iwobi and King. I don't feel there's much of a plan b , c ,d etc.

Steve walsh was a disaster but yet we still have a number of his signings no only starting each week but in some people's opinions our player of the season in Michael Keane.

I just don't think Brands has raised the bar as much as a lot of people were expecting.

Your points 1 and 2 surely are a basic requirement for any team wanting to challenge at the top. It shouldn't even be a question we have to ask of a Director of football.
King definitely wasn’t a panic buy. He is low cost experienced cover for half a season. Low risk and not given a long contract, the club have learned.

I think that reason you are not seeing a strategy is because we have changed manager, and we are still wrestling with a Frankenstein squad. We have just been plugging holes and treading water. We also had a transfer ban.

1/ it most definitely IS his job. But the owners bought a dog and barked themselves.
2/ Jeffers, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Baines
3/ he got shut of players for a knock down price, after a fashion. He's had 3 years to get shut of Bolaise and he's still here.
4/ Digne is the one class signing..after 3 years. The rest are tat or bang average.
5/ getting players in that any good manager can use is the first step in getting better PL positions

The onus is on ytou to tell us why he should be handed another 3 seasons here...
How do you function day to day?

You must be in an apoplectic rage all the time with everything.

You couldn’t have picked a worse club to follow given your outlook on life.

Lossl he didn't do anything except get paid , poor buy
That's what back-up keepers are for. Every club has 2/3 of them, most of them don't play much. Remember Virginia being in goal for a couple games recently? That's with a backup keeper. Imagine we didn't have Lossl/Olsen, and Virginia was the 2nd keeper injured. We'd have Tyrer or Zak Luban in goal. Is that what you want? It baffles me sometimes some of the stuff I read on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.