Homepage Article Brands Renews Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be true, but you can buy them much cheaper. It's fantastic footballers we want, and i'm not sure he's one of those.

We definitely need to be expanding our football scouting through into South America and less popular leagues mind.

There are some great talents (albeit, still not on the cheap side) like Raphinha, Fofana who got picked up from Germany etc, I think he's learnt his lesson in the sense that signing cast offs from other teams is not the way forward if you want to progress, and being somewhat optimistic, i've seen enough in Godfrey, Doucoure to suggest he's making more right than wrong.

This may be true, but you can buy them much cheaper. It's fantastic footballers we want, and i'm not sure he's one of those.
I agree that Doucoure isn't a fantastic player but he's a very necessary one these days .
He's a modern midfielder who is strong , rather quick and can pass the ball .
We all remember moaning weekly about our midfield when Gana left .
He's not a worldie but he's great for the position we REALLY need him for .

I agree that Doucoure isn't a fantastic player but he's a very necessary one these days .
He's a modern midfielder who is strong , rather quick and can pass the ball .
We all remember moaning weekly about our midfield when Gana left .
He's not a worldie but he's great for the position we REALLY need him for .
I think he's alright. I don't hate him or anything but I think he's massively overrated by a lot of people on here. Basically he's faster and more mobile than our other midfielders, which is great, but isn't necessarily the yardstick I'd like us to be using. He's not a bad signing, but i'm not sure i'd be saying he's a particularly good one at the price either. He's functional, and he has some good games, that's about the best I can say about him.

Only on p16, but good (?) to see DaveK back at it again. All the classics. Moving the goalposts. Ignoring valid points. Posting complete fabrications as truth. How does someone like him watch/follow football for so long and yet still spout such utter nonsense!! :eek: :D

clueless carpet bagger
Haha, see you've conveniently forgotten about the stadium already ;) :coffee:

No. I'm "irked" because he wasted hundreds of millions of pounds on tripe and we've 'achieved':

8th
12th
8th

under his 'guidance'.
He’s a DoF, not a magician. The first two of those finishes were under a manager picked by Morshi and achieved with Walshe’s squad.
Your consistent failure to acknowledge any legacy quality issues or financial limitations dulls the effectiveness of your arguments.

In and amongst all your nonsense, you do make some sensible points, but you are far too binary. Blaming Brands for Gbamin‘s problems, or calling out low cost loan deals for cover as mistakes, or blaming him for not selling Niasse destroys your whole argument and means you are just relegated to entertainment.

1/ it most definitely IS his job. But the owners bought a dog and barked themselves.
2/ Jeffers, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Baines
3/ he got shut of players for a knock down price, after a fashion. He's had 3 years to get shut of Bolaise and he's still here.
4/ Digne is the one class signing..after 3 years. The rest are tat or bang average.
5/ getting players in that any good manager can use is the first step in getting better PL positions

The onus is on ytou to tell us why he should be handed another 3 seasons here...
Nope. It's on you. You raised the points, you back 'em up. Oh wait, you can't, cos as usual they're complete twaddle lol ;)

Doesn't hire or fire managers
Hasn't cleared out the cling on rats in the coaching staff...merely added another rat
Sells players for a balloon
Buys utter tat for hundreds of millions
Never moved us up the table since arriving

...a 3 year extension for that.

It's an utter travesty, and that club has waited until this Scab League situation has unravelled and a feelgood mood is in place to announce this.
The only thing that is an utter travesty is your post...

1/ it most definitely IS his job. But the owners bought a dog and barked themselves.
2/ Jeffers, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Baines
3/ he got shut of players for a knock down price, after a fashion. He's had 3 years to get shut of Bolaise and he's still here.
4/ Digne is the one class signing..after 3 years. The rest are tat or bang average.
5/ getting players in that any good manager can use is the first step in getting better PL positions

The onus is on ytou to tell us why he should be handed another 3 seasons here...

Dave, I am not going to reply piecemeal but may I point pout players cannot be got rid of if they do not want to sign for another club like you mention Bolaise, wish it were that easy to just show them the door. Not keen on Godfrey, Docoure?

Another 3 seasons, yes at last he can spend time working with one manager instead of several for that period. So let's see after 3 seasons with Carlo, the club will have some stability in that time.

What many folk like DaveK do not seem to get their head round is that the players we want to sign may not wish to come to us or their clubs sell never mind the fee or wages to sort out. Add to that those players we would like to shift may be saying no, not leaving for that club better off here wait until my contract runs out. Not much one can do about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.