New Everton Stadium Discussion

To be fair to him he didn't say that. He raised the very relevant point that any lenders will want to see clarification of what the financial impacts are given the SL news.

Yes he did, which would potentially put the stadium in jeopardy.

He also said he was “Sorry to say...” when we all know he was foaming at the bell end waking up this morning, knowing he could tweet that.

I'm feeling massively downhearted about the prospect of this project hitting the buffers and there's not a thing I can do about it.
From the optimism of our season start, through to the stadium approval we were able to dream good things about the near future.
The die has been cast now, so many unknowns to grapple with its not looking good.

There was mnetion of winning clubs in seasons joining this SL, but nothing said of clubs who should be relegated.

How are fans going to afford to travel all over Europe and after Brexit will there not be restirctions, show passport etc?

You make the mistake this is just the same format with different teams. This is just the start.

It's not about supporters attending, it's about taking games all over the planet to paying customers and global TV audiences.

If any impact it will be a positive one.

An absolutely bizarre viewpoint. Finances for any PL without those 6 will be reduced guaranteed.

Yes he did, which would potentially put the stadium in jeopardy.

He also said he was “Sorry to say...” when we all know he was foaming at the bell end waking up this morning, knowing he could tweet that.

His exact words were:
"I'm sorry to say but IMO the potential changes to European football and thus the Premier League will clearly be of huge concern to potential lenders to Everton regarding Bramley-Moore. They will want clarification of the financial impacts before committing"
Anybody thinking lenders won't want such clarity are not thinking straight. It doesn't mean the stadium won't go ahead but it will most certainly mean additional checks on the landscape of English football over the next 10 years.

There can only be one winner of a leaguie so what are the also rans ging to think about no trophies for their fans, happen they do not care less it is about money in the bank.

If they try to sign players fromthe domestic leagues the realities need to be mad clear, no domestic football ever again and no INTLs'

These clubs need to be expelled from the English leagues irrespective of the financial fall out.

If this goes ahead it will completely undermine and cause about the slow death of the football ethos of promotion and relegation, the concept of meritocracy......football dies anyway.

If they do this then the league should pull the trigger on them
Yeah let's test their metal, throw them out now.. see who cracks first, but one thing for certain, any club that leaves, should never be let back in. They can have as many false cups, leagues as they like, I for one won't watch them or miss them one iota.

This from the Guardian the morning
George Davidson emails in an interesting thought: “National government may have limited formal powers to stop any super league. But local government may have more, stronger and long forgotten powers. Football Clubs use the name of their towns and cities with the permission of the local council. If Liverpool Council decides it no longer wants Liverpool FC to bear its name, then they could withdraw that right. The club could still exist and play in the new ESL but call itself something else (Red Mersey?) but they could no longer call itself Liverpool. That would be an utterly extraordinary move but maybe even the threat would be something.”
This is likely to happen anyway. The RS are owned by Yanks. They don't want their money spinner to be known as boring Liverpool FC. They will come up with some Yankified name like 'Spirit of Red FC' or 'The Scarlet Socceroos FC'.
The 'entertainment' will start an hour before kick-off. Teams will have 15 subs and there will be a 10 minute break in play every 10 minutes to allow managers to review tactics.
You read it here first.

Just a few random thoughts. Yes the amount of money the PL has would be massively reduced but guess what? So would the wages of the players who play in it. The best players would go the the ESL but the best players have gone to the richest clubs for the last 30 years in any case. Rooney anyone?

I'd look like it as a kind of relegation. The PL would be devalued but I'd still like to win it. Are you not going to go to GP/BMD when we are at home to Villa or Leeds just because Man City are playing AC Milan live on telly at the same time? You would have stopped going if we'd have gone down against Wimbledon or Coventry? If it happens it would be a shock to the finances of lots of clubs but most would survive. Football clubs and their fans are a lot more resilient than most people give them credit for.

It's not a dream as we have owners that are not going to sit down and just say we'll stay at Goodison Park now. You do realise that we need a new stadium whatever and we have already spent millions on this project? Even if we went for the bare bones option it would still be 200 million+.

As a club we still have to put in the groundwork to compete with these teams so if this becomes the norm at some stage we need to have the infrastructure to gatecrash the party. You think I'm dreaming but I'm falling to see any logic in your riposte. The stadium is not and never was reliant in TV money. That was the Emirates build, short term loans that needed to be paid back ASAP due to crippling interest rates, this is a long term mortgage style deal where even in the mid 2000's we were making enough income wise to repay it back.

Isn't most of our sponsorship money coming from Usmanov himself ? And another " paltry" £100m coming from our owner Moshiri. Think a lot of posters are panicking a bit too much atm, over something that hasn't happened yet. If there is one club who could ride this out its us, with our super rich owners. No disrespect but thank god Bill Kenwright is no longer our owner. Has the Kracken commontates yet ? lol

Just a few random thoughts. Yes the amount of money the PL has would be massively reduced but guess what? So would the wages of the players who play in it. The best players would go the the ESL but the best players have gone to the richest clubs for the last 30 years in any case. Rooney anyone?

I'd look like it as a kind of relegation. The PL would be devalued but I'd still like to win it. Are you not going to go to GP/BMD when we are at home to Villa or Leeds just because Man City are playing AC Milan live on telly at the same time? You would have stopped going if we'd have gone down against Wimbledon or Coventry? If it happens it would be a shock to the finances of lots of clubs but most would survive. Football clubs and their fans are a lot more resilient than most people give them credit for.
Spot on.

UEFA need to boot them out of Champions League because they are not members of European Club Association.

UEFA and FIFA need to allow players to play Internationals - players can't be punishable for clubs actions and it goes against their rights.

Domestically is the issue. If they are allowed to compete without Champions League but with their little circletug league which they get £350m which means they'll have an advantage to those that compete with.

One way is to relegated them. Drop them to the lower leagues but they'll fight this and argue these rules are not in place.

Points deduction is another way to punish but similar to relegation.

Transfer Embargo is the way. Stop them taking players they want with their extra money, let their current squads rot and fight over the extra money. Some players will see out contracts to move but they will be few and fair between to join a group of teams who are not in a true competitive league.