New Everton Stadium Discussion

The tv money was absolutely paying for the stadium, in as much as it’s the major asset that allows us to get a loan of close to half a billion

52,000 x 19 x £35-£55 + naming rights + hospitality is what defines the income to pay for it.

Arsenal got the 350 million (which is similar to what our loan will be) when the TV money was a fraction of what it is now.

Realistically, nobody is getting 'expelled'. I can see some tokenistic retrospective points deduction and fine later this summer (once the league tables are final and no impact to the luvvies European qualification next season). And that'll be that.

52,000 x 19 x £35-£55 + naming rights + hospitality is what defines the income to pay for it.

Arsenal got the 350 million (which is similar to what our loan will be) when the TV money was a fraction of what it is now.
And someone's going to give us hundreds of millions to sponsor a stadium that will never feature in the top level of competition are they? And we'll have all the same corporate clients coming to watch a devalued PL game? And it will still be £55 a ticket at that stage? Come on mate, think about it.

And someone's going to give us hundreds of millions to sponsor a stadium that will never feature in the top level of competition are they? And we'll have all the same corporate clients coming to watch a devalued PL game? And it will still be £55 a ticket at that stage? Come on mate, think about it.

If we are going for the title do you think any of our fans will care? I personally don't watch football to see what the rich 6 are doing. There are also people that pay £50 now to watch dire mid table football. There is no thinking about it.

And whose sponsoring the stadium? ...our owners!

Spot on. I can't see how the stadium happens if this goes ahead.

If we are going for the title do you think any of our fans will care? I personally don't watch football to see what the rich 6 are doing. There are also people that pay £50 now to watch dire mid table football. There is no thinking about it.

Honestly I think you're dreaming here but no worries, you're allowed to. I'm not saying the stadium won't get built, but you're talking about it as if nothing will change when the most seismic shift in the history of football takes place, it sounds a bit mad to be perfectly honest.

Great example Roy, it did have a massive impact on World cricket but I don't think the likes of the Yanks in charge of the RS and Man U would know about it never mind care, it is no coincidence though that the common denominator for the two stories is the root of all evil money and greed.
Packer wasn't entirely about greed...it was about Packer being denied the right to broadcast Test Cricket. He offered the ACB a good deal but they insisted on keeping the television rights 'in house'. As I said earlier, it turned out to be a good thing for international cricket, the marketing etc. Its entirely different to the proposed 'Super League' which is all about greedy football club owners.

This is going to fall through if this super league goes ahead isn’t it.

Just band the clubs from all competitions and their players from all leagues, plus international games. Where those players going when they are not wanted and banned from everywhere, and their contracts run out?

This...I go the match to watch Everton v whoever they happen to be playing. Sure, it is more exciting against the RS or Utd...however, if it's against Fulham I still want to go..that will never change for me and every Evertonian I know.
I don't even watch Champions league as it doesn't involve my club.
Evertonians will go to BMD if Everton are playing there, no matter what league they're in, end of

Honestly I think you're dreaming here but no worries, you're allowed to. I'm not saying the stadium won't get built, but you're talking about it as if nothing will change when the most seismic shift in the history of football takes place, it sounds a bit mad to be perfectly honest.

It's not a dream as we have owners that are not going to sit down and just say we'll stay at Goodison Park now. You do realise that we need a new stadium whatever and we have already spent millions on this project? Even if we went for the bare bones option it would still be 200 million+.

As a club we still have to put in the groundwork to compete with these teams so if this becomes the norm at some stage we need to have the infrastructure to gatecrash the party. You think I'm dreaming but I'm falling to see any logic in your riposte. The stadium is not and never was reliant in TV money. That was the Emirates build, short term loans that needed to be paid back ASAP due to crippling interest rates, this is a long term mortgage style deal where even in the mid 2000's we were making enough income wise to repay it back.

This is going to fall through if this super league goes ahead isn’t it.
Lets just fold the club now then lads.
Of course the stadium will get built. Uefa will still hold European competitions and there's a market worldwide for football to carry on and be lucrative.

Yes, competition is devalued because of these 12 /15 teams bailing, but it doesn't mean everyone else will stop watching normal football. I haven't got any interest in subscribing to watch teams in a Super League that will never feature Everton. Just like how I don't watch the Indian Cricket League.

I don't think the Super League will go ahead, UEFA will find some way of appeasing these clubs within the new CL set up. I could honestly see players refusing to participate if it risked not playing in international competitions and it becoming a huge failure resulting in the clubs involved coming back to their respective domestic leagues with their tails between their legs. Fans will become bored of it as the concept doesn't really work as the teams will only ever have a single trophy to win which means that a big % of the 12 'big' clubs will have little chance of winning anything year in and year out whilst domestic leagues will be more competitive than ever.