2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean he headed the ball straight against the back of a team mate so yes you can hang that goal on him?

I'm also pretty sure Kane is in an offside position, So Godfrey is just leaving him in an offside position. I will forgive him not pre-empting that Keane with a free header wille excuse a perfect wall pass, of Holgate straight to him. Had any Spurs done the same he'd have been offside.

6 good months in 4 years, now he's back to his normal standards.
People need to forget the 6 good months, that's not a true reflection on his ability.
Complete gash, get rid asap

Tbf he's been fine since Ancelotti has come in for thr majority of his time. But when he has dips (and he's definitely had a dip since not getting picked for Engalnd) they are massive dips and affect the whole back line.

I'd sell any one of Keane and Mina. Holgate gets a pass due to him being able to play multiple positions but his form has also dipped massively.

I'm also pretty sure Kane is in an offside position, So Godfrey is just leaving him in an offside position. I will forgive him not pre-empting that Keane with a free header wille excuse a perfect wall pass, of Holgate straight to him. Had any Spurs done the same he'd have been offside.

Any sane defending there is playing the situation that arises after Keane clears, and not what actually happened.

I'll hang Keane going to buy a hot dog rather than defend Son on him, but there really isn't squat he can do when Holgate backs into him like that. I don't know how he was supposed to clear. Left foot gets obstructed by Holgate, right foot goes into Holgate's back along with the header. I suppose that kicking Holgate and letting the ball go free might have been less disastrous, but with our injury luck Holgate would have been out six weeks. And it sure looks on replay like Keane told Holgate that the ball was his in an empty stadium.

Tbf he's been fine since Ancelotti has come in for thr majority of his time. But when he has dips (and he's definitely had a dip since not getting picked for Engalnd) they are massive dips and affect the whole back line.

I'd sell any one of Keane and Mina. Holgate gets a pass due to him being able to play multiple positions but his form has also dipped massively.

....I don’t think we should forget Branthwaite just yet. Young lad thrown into the deep end at Blackburn, had a few ‘downs’ but hearing plaudits from his Manager yesterday. I just think he’s faster than he looks, was very comfortable in foot races when he played for us & could be a decent back-up next season.

As I said not a fan but you really need to look at Godfrey's position if you want to blame anyone.
You think Godfrey should have anticipated Keane messing it up, strange take on things that. Keane and Holgate went for it to deal with it, Godfrey has every right to expect one of them to deal with it. I doubt he was expecting it to end up with harry Kane in front of an open net bar Pickford.

....I don’t think we should forget Branthwaite just yet. Young lad thrown into the deep end at Blackburn, had a few ‘downs’ but hearing plaudits from his Manager yesterday. I just think he’s faster than he looks, was very comfortable in foot races when he played for us & could be a decent back-up next season.

Whats interesting to me from him is he got injured and the results tanked, they played the lad who's a year older from City and the lost a lot of games and conceded more goals. He's got back in yesterday and they win again while keeping it tighter. To me thats a big tick.

100% he should be back up eggs. For the u23's he's absolutely levels above anyone else and even though he's had a rocky patch at Blackburn, the experience will have done him the world of good as he's had minutes, played well, had a massive dip, took crap off fans, then came back and praised by the manager.

Absolutely, think he’s got to be considered, think next season might be too soon, but he’s definitely got potential to be a good player for us.

Would sell if we can get 30 million for him. He a confident player and the fans will be back in the ground next season.

6 good months in 4 years, now he's back to his normal standards.
People need to forget the 6 good months, that's not a true reflection on his ability.
Complete gash, get rid asap
True. Absolute disaster with the ball at his feet, and gets beaten too often or makes too many needless mistakes that lead to goals. For our style of play he's not at all what's needed. Same can be said for Holgate, and to a lesser extent Mina. I'd sell all 3 if I had my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.