2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was unlucky not to score. Couldn't have done a while lot more and 3 inches left and he scores. Fine margins.

It's a shame he wasn't brought on earlier but ultimately this is where we are with the squad/team atm.

Carlo didn't want to risk bringing King on too early because that would leave us more exposed in midfield.

Suppose until we have more mobility/power in that area (or possibly more of a presence at the back) then that's going to be an issue.

The great thing with Coleman coming on is that he's a player who you know will be ideal for any situation the game turns into.

Not like me to be negative but if you think he is the answer then IMO you are asking the wrong question.

Not like me to be negative but if you think he is the answer then IMO you are asking the wrong question.

Depends what the question is.

If we want a cheap alternative to Dom and Rich, who is versatile enough to play across the line, with the caveat we also look to bring another forward in (but that player being more of a winger/wide forward) then I think King is a sensible solution.

Don't wanna knock him too much for his miss last night, he came on very late in the day but his presence gave us that impetus that made us the team on the front foot in the last 10 mins.

Was a really intelligent run, good to know we actually have some genuine pace and ability to get in behind outside of Richarlison and DCL.

Shame he didn't finish his chance but I think Richarlison's miss on the rebound was worse.

I rather have kept Simms couldn't have played less than king after.
You've missed the point, the club wants Simms to play, get those minutes under his belt which is why they brought King in; to free Simms up for the loan move.

In that sense, the King deal has worked, because Simms has played 15 times for Blackpool since his move, scoring 5 times. If Simms is playing for us next season then that is how the King deal will need to be viewed as an aid to developing Simms.

You've missed the point, the club wants Simms to play, get those minutes under his belt which is why they brought King in; to free Simms up for the loan move.

In that sense, the King deal has worked, because Simms has played 15 times for Blackpool since his move, scoring 5 times. If Simms is playing for us next season then that is how the King deal will need to be viewed as an aid to developing Simms.

....is this your assumption or do you know this as fact?

Interested if the club have a grandios plan in place for Simms, why was he almost never involved in match day squads when we were struggling for an effective back-up striker.

Simms has only been on the bench once this season, 4 months after Kean left, so it's hardly likely he was being counted on as forward cover. King was brought in, eventually, to cover Kean.

....is this your assumption or do you know this as fact?

Interested if the club have a grandios plan in place for Simms, why was he almost never involved in match day squads when we were struggling for an effective back-up striker.
I only deal in assumption, thought that was the currency around these parts.

I guess the plan would be the same as for most young players, to prove themselves at u-18, then u-23, loan and then challenge for first team. I expect because he was 19 and someone felt he would be better served playing at u-23.

Grandiose, by the way.

I only deal in assumption, thought that was the currency around these parts.

I guess the plan would be the same as for most young players, to prove themselves at u-18, then u-23, loan and then challenge for first team. I expect because he was 19 and someone felt he would be better served playing at u-23.

Grandiose, by the way.

....i don’t think the route you outline is generally the one to success at Everton. As I regularly post, our successful Academy graduates rarely go on loan. Indeed I can only think of Osman & Barkley who played more than 50 games for us after a loan spell & both of those had major injuries at a significant point in their development.

I really hope Simms is an exception but I don’t think there’s any grandios strategy at play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.