Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Koulibaly really still worth upwards of £50m considering he turns 30 in June?
I doubt it
30-35m max
Napoli know that this is their last chance for big money for him
They like most Italian clubs are struggling financially
I think PSG who can afford to pay big money for a 30 yr old would take him esp if they do not win the CL this season
I can see Carlo signing him for the short term game knowing he has Godfrey ,Holgate ,Branthwaite Keane who are much younger to take over from him
If as rumoured Koubailly for 30-35m and Mina going for 23 m then its a no brainer
10-15m for an instant upgrade on CB and a player good for 3-4 years

I doubt it
30-35m max
Napoli know that this is their last chance for big money for him
They like most Italian clubs are struggling financially
I think PSG who can afford to pay big money for a 30 yr old would take him esp if they do not win the CL this season
I can see Carlo signing him for the short term game knowing he has Godfrey ,Holgate ,Branthwaite Keane who are much younger to take over from him
If as rumoured Koubailly for 30-35m and Mina going for 23 m then its a no brainer
10-15m for an instant upgrade on CB and a player good for 3-4 years

Reminds me a bit of the Allan Situation. A year before they sold him, PSG were ready to bid 60m which they rejected as they wanted 90m. In the winter winter that price had dropped and PSG were willing to do 45m which again was rejected. By the time the summer came, they had dropped out. They were pushing a sale for 35m all summer, and ende dup selling him for 20m.

Koulibaly hasn't actually had that great a season. I can see why certain teams may have moved away. I don't know if it follows the exact numbers, as we know midfielders will depreciate more quickly than centre backs, but the same trend will be followed.

This happens too. As someone who invests, I keep a watchlist of companies who I would love to invest in, but the price needs to fall by x amount. I really like Amazon, but I need it to fall 50%. So I wait for an incident that causes a sharp depreciation below what the asset is worth. I'd imagine similar here. The asset price will fall, and at some point a buyer (i.e Everton) will be prepared to move in if people haven't already.

Napoli are keen on Yerry Mina and he could be offered in part-exchange for Everton top target Kalidou Koulibaly, Football Insider can reveal.
The Colombia international’s future at the Premier League club is in doubt as Carlo Ancelotti looks to recruit an elite centre-back.

Football Insider revealed last week that Spanish outfit Valencia are interested in Mina, 26, and now a recruitment source has said Serie A big guns Napoli are also in the race.
https://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/static/uploads/1/2021/02/Yerry-Mina-bandage.jpg
That could prove useful leverage for Everton as they will need to offload some first-team stars to pave the way for some top signings this summer.
This site broke the news on 22nd March that Ancelotti has made Koulibaly his number one target as he looks to recruit a “world-class” centre-back.

The Merseysiders are aware the Senegal international will have to move this summer if Napoli are to secure a £50million-plus fee.
We should keep Mina...the one to sell is Michael Keane...a mina koulibaly partnership at the back would be tasty.

Bernard linked to Betis €12mil

Apparently the deal is based on them getting a european spot.
Getting his wages off the bill alone are a good enough reason for me. We could get that winger from Stuttgart for much less per week you’d imagine.

Kessie is just as likely to appear in the opposition box as he is in his own
I am sure you can find a heat map of his displays on the internet
That makes him fairly different from Jack Grealish I'd say.

On another note can we stop falling for guys because they take penalties?

I never said Kessie and Grealish are similar
You said you thought Kessie played deeper I said he didn't
He has scored goals other than penalties
Genuinely he's scored two this season. In the league at least.

Only if they stop awarding them.
You can't spread them around though. If we're signing Kessie and Belotti to add goals that's a bad idea.

Also do you watch us? I don't think we've ever had 8 penalties in a season. And we definitely don't have the players to play for more currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.